wink

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited September 2015

In entry order:

#2 Oblivion

#5 Final Approach

#14 The Watchers

HM: #10 The arhitect

Sorry this is so abbreviated, but other issues have come up.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,133

Voting is closed.  Thank you to everyone who voted.  Further announcements will be made soon.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Nooo!  I waited to long pondering my choices... Sorry, I didn't realize the deadline had crept past  :(  

A lot of breathtaking and outstanding work was done on this one, here's my particular favorites that I would have voted for if I were less of a slacker:

Entry: 2

Title: "Oblivion"  

Artist: 5thElement

Both of 5thElement's entries were incredible, and so as not to split the vote between them I'll choose 'Oblivion' which is just stunning in every way (not to mention it brought to mind the most superb sci-fi film I've seen in at least the last 10 years).  Breathtaking, astonishing, superior work.  And yet 'Above and Beyond' is just as good.  Genius-level talent.

Entry # 5

Title: Final Approach

Artist: MDO2010

Love the concept, the viewpoint, the scene, all the tech overlays done in postwork that really sell it as a pov from an approaching ship.  Another artist who had 2 entries that were both superb, but again I don't want to split the vote, so I'll go with Final Approach.  But 'Perched' easily could have won my vote (as others have noted, it warrants viewiing at full size to appreciate the texture work (and of course I love the dynamic hair used on that one too).

Entry #14

Title: The Watchers

Artist: Stezza

Very clean image, and very nicely done, particularly like the drones, they look very realistic, and the whole scene communicates at a glance.  Nicely done!

Entry #17

Title: Hitchcock Clown School

Artist: Diomede

I've gotta give an honorable mention to this render, as I find it absolutely hilarious, both in concept and execution.  I can't view it without breaking into a chuckle.  Great work on creating the birds; they have to be the weirdest birds ever, and are very funny just in and of themselves.  This render tickles me :)

Entry # 3

Title: Deep Space 9

Artist: Chickenman

...2nd honorable mention (what the heck, I'm so late voting it doesn't count anyway, so might as well... )   I had to mention that even though I'm not a Star Trek fan at all, I really liked the lighting and composition of this render, the position of the glowing nebula also really helps to sell it, really nice work.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I could not vote because of the lack of time due to my work, but when I look at all these excellent images, I believe that all the artists are ex-aequo in my mind.
    Congratulation with all !

edited September 2015

The results of the 19th Carrara Challenge were:

1st = FifthElement , Oblivion (#2)

2nd = Stezza, The Watchers (#14)

3rd = MDO2010, Final Approach (#5)

and honorable mention = Philemo, The Architect... (#10)

Thank you, Daz for your continued support, and to Ncamp for choosing such an inspiring theme.  Congratulations to all of the participants who submitted an entry.  I enjoyed them all very much.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,971

Great job, congrats everyone!  yes Silene 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Great job everyone.

Congratst to the winners.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 8,006

Well done everyone... I didn't have a chance to get in and vote my apologies... very hectic around my joint at the moment and don't have time to kick the cat even... that's if we had a cat to kick..

Congrats to all the entries.. fine job yes

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Congratulations to the winners, and to all the entries really, stellar job!

FifthElement - please check your forum messages. 

• Thanks you all for the votes and congrats to all the winners smiley

As some of you remember I mentioned that I'm in a middle of moving to another city so it's gonna take me day or two to get my ducks in a row (on my wife's Mac now and bad WiFi connection, lol), so ya all stay tuned ...

@ diomede : will do in a minute, just woke up, lol wink

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969

yes, well done everyone, I really enjoyed the way people are leaving the normal  'comfort zones' and getting surreal,

Dr Carrara's Imaginarium  :)

great to see FifthElement winning - so well deserved