FBX import with animation....PLEASE!!!

Are we ever going to see this in DS?  Developers, this would add a whole HUGE new dimension to DS and would increase its useage!  Right now, I can use plants I create in Speedtree but they won't animate unless I take them into Maya and convert the animation to object sequence.  We would also be able to create animated clothing and hair in iClone and import them into DS!!  I was preparing to move away from DS into iClone until you brought in Iray (much better than Indigo).  Made a huge difference to me and I came back, however, being able to use fbx imported items with animation would keep me "home" for good.  I do have a huge pipeline right now but I would really prefer to keep DS as my home base!  So PLEASE PLEASE fix the fbx import feature!!

Comments

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 514

yep, even a commercial fbx import plugin that brings in model and rig would be good

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, since right now going FROM Studio to other programs mostly works with FBX and DAE, it would be nice to come back into DS that way...with working rigging intact. 

I've had 'exploded' items, intact items and detached skeletons, scale issues and all sorts of other problems...but no working items.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

I have gotten Fbx tree ( from the plant factory ) animation to work in DS .

And some other Fbx - most hit and miss .

You have to be sure Fbx is 2012 version - at least for me any way .

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    bigh said:

I have gotten Fbx tree ( from the plant factory ) animation to work in DS .

And some other Fbx - most hit and miss .

You have to be sure Fbx is 2012 version - at least for me any way .

That's great...Blender doesn't like anything older that 2014 (I think...maybe 2013).