Skin merchant recourses for G9

Can someone jump on this please? There is 1 skin merchant product for G9 (but that's crappy (I'm sorry to say)) Don't be shy to make them REAL 8K. I gladly drop $50 for a quality product!

Comments

•  I wouldn't say it's crappy but there's not enough stuff like this out , a skin builder would be #1 on my list of stuff to get or other resourses.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719
    edited February 2023

I am curious, why do you guys need merchant resources so badly?

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • veenveen Posts: 137

FSMCDesigns said:

Lacking of knowledge and lack of complete tutorials

veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I see. So you are working on being a PA and creating characters for sale, makes sense

• There are two.

Sickleyield and RawArt

Unless those aren't what you mean?

I had a guy on a gaming discord ask about skins for G9 and what a merchant resource was. He said he wanted to make skins for G9 for characters he created so he could share them and I explained that any merchant resource he got from DAZ doesn't allow for sharing or freebies. As you might expect the thread went downhill really fast

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342
    edited February 2023

It's not that I "need" merchant resources , I'd like to have resources for costomizing /making my own characters they would be for my own use not to sell or give away . :)
    There is also one at Renderhub by Marcius
    (
    https://www.renderhub.com/marcius/ligth-skin-texture-for-genesis-9-feminine-merchant-resource)

Post edited by andrushuk1 on
  • I should say as well I have both of them resources in my wish list I'm just waiting for them to go on a good sale , with exchange rate even 30% off I'm still paying a little over full price. :( 
    (should have money at par. :) )

• As long as you keep track of what you used, so you don't later make a mistake, it is not necessary to use a MR set for your own, personal characters that you will not share with others.

• I'm not sure I understand what your saying Richard , if I don't need   a merchant resours or like a skin builder how do I make my own skin texures ? just by adding to one I already have ?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You can modify existing textures even if they are not MR. But in that case you can only use them for personal use.

FSMCDesigns said:

veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

I see. So you are working on being a PA and creating characters for sale, makes sense

I wished I was PA, I have a store on Renderhub with over 180 Characters. Someday I dip my toes in the "real Daz store"

butterflyfish said:

There are two.

Sickleyield and RawArt

Unless those aren't what you mean?

I refunded the Rawart version and the version from SY is not what I need.

Thanks anyway

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

If you can find better G8 ones, you can always transfer one of the G8 merchant resources to G9 by using texture transfer in any number of programs scuh as Daz Studio, Blender, xNormal, R3DS Wrap etc etc.

Im assuming Deepsea will make a merchant resource for G9 at some point, which will hopefully be better than the current offers.  Surprised the Rawart one is still pretty mediocre since they seemed to improve a lot as a texturer throughout the course of Genesis 8.  E.g., Torment skin was quite good i thought.  Yet it seems like rawart just ported their old G8 merchant resource to G9.  That said, as a base layer starting point, im sure it's fine and does what it claims.

Anyway, reminder that there are a few other sites with good photorealistic skin texture resources, but licensing some of them for the creation of commercial Daz products could be complicated.  Im thinking it wouldnt be too hard to make your own with just a phone camera, a model, and photogrammetry. But the result probably wouldnt be as good quality-wise as the professional ones.  Photo projection also obviously an option but it's quite tedious and hard to get a uniform texture without stretching in places.

• lilweep said:

If you can find better G8 ones, you can always transfer one of the G8 merchant resources to G9

I'm pretty sure that some resources specify that they can only be used  for the intended model(s).You should check what is permitted before doing something like this.

butterflyfish said:

lilweep said:

If you can find better G8 ones, you can always transfer one of the G8 merchant resources to G9

I'm pretty sure that some resources specify that they can only be used  for the intended model(s).You should check what is permitted before doing something like this.

Agreed. since the OP has a store at a place I won't mention, I highly doubt they could transfer MRs from one generation to another and then use it for sellable assets there.

FSMCDesigns said:

butterflyfish said:

lilweep said:

Agreed. since the OP has a store at a place I won't mention, I highly doubt they could transfer MRs from one generation to another and then use it for sellable assets there.

I think its not a problem as long as it is a merchant resource, and yes I found a way to transfer all my textures to G9

veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

butterflyfish said:

lilweep said:

I think its not a problem as long as it is a merchant resource, and yes I found a way to transfer all my textures to G9

As mentioned earlier, just becaue it is a MR doesn't mean a user can do whatever they want with them. Many are very specific on what you can and can't use them for especially skinbuilder. nearly all don't allow for free characters for example

FSMCDesigns said:

veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

butterflyfish said:

lilweep said:

As mentioned earlier, just becaue it is a MR doesn't mean a user can do whatever they want with them. Many are very specific on what you can and can't use them for especially skinbuilder. nearly all don't allow for free characters for example

I only sell characters

• veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

veen said:

FSMCDesigns said:

butterflyfish said:

lilweep said:

I only sell characters

OK, but the thing lilweep was suggesting is specifically forbidden by some merchant resources. That was the point.