Painting outside your props.

MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
edited August 2015 in New Users

​Hello everybody, I am Mjvol, I was wondering if it is possible to colour outside the parameters to make it look like a sky colour ? I have put a picture that I rendered and up above is all white, I was trying to colour it , but could not. Is it even possible ? Also you can look at all my pics, I am not sure how you can get to them, but if you do, go a head and give me some pointers, and some constructive criticism, I am still learning. Also is it possible in our accounts to make friends. Anyway thanks a head of time for any answers that will be posted here. Sincerely ​Mjvol

Ps I was also wondering how to put in a profile pic.
Pool party get together..png
1024 x 1024 - 1M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Are you using DAZ Studio?  If so:

In the Environment pane, change the "Active type" dropdown to backdrop, then you can choose a color for it.

The lady in the back right seems to have some weird checkerboard pattern on her skin you might want to fix.  Is it possible you have two copies of her loaded at the exact same position?  That sometimes creates a similar effect.  Check the Scene pane to see if there are two copies, and delete the 2nd copy. 

There appear to be no shadows. You may wish to change that?  Lights (at least using the 3Delight render engine) by default have shadows disabled in the Parameters pane, you can select the light and change that.

Some splashing water, as well as reflections off the water, might add to the realism for the swimmer?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The checkered pattern could be a few other things, too.

The lack of reflections in the water could be due to the fact there is nothing to reflect instead of just being off.

Another way to handle the sky is to add a skydome to the scene (or an image map to the Iray dome, if doing an Iray render).

• MjvolMjvol Posts: 93
    sriesch said:

Are you using DAZ Studio?  If so:

In the Environment pane, change the "Active type" dropdown to backdrop, then you can choose a color for it.

The lady in the back right seems to have some weird checkerboard pattern on her skin you might want to fix.  Is it possible you have two copies of her loaded at the exact same position?  That sometimes creates a similar effect.  Check the Scene pane to see if there are two copies, and delete the 2nd copy. 

There appear to be no shadows. You may wish to change that?  Lights (at least using the 3Delight render engine) by default have shadows disabled in the Parameters pane, you can select the light and change that.

Some splashing water, as well as reflections off the water, might add to the realism for the swimmer?

Hello Sriesh, thanks for the comments, I will give that a try in backdrop, and about the girl with the checkerboard pattern, you are right that it is there, I have had that happen in a few pictures I rendered, and I was wondering why, but I will check to see if there is doubles . Also how do you get splashing water, is that something in the poser for enviroments.  I will look into your advice thou.  Also about the shadows disabled I will check into.  I also tried adding lights, but man that is hard to adjust and figure out, I have been watching the help videos, and he makes it look easy.

Anyway thank you

Mjvol

mjc1016 said:

The checkered pattern could be a few other things, too.

The lack of reflections in the water could be due to the fact there is nothing to reflect instead of just being off.

Another way to handle the sky is to add a skydome to the scene (or an image map to the Iray dome, if doing an Iray render).

Hello mjc 1016, you mention a skydome, is that a background or something in the panel, but it does sound promising .. I'm not sure what you mean ? But I will try to figure that out , but  thanks..

Mjvol

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Spacebones' liquid might have a few things one could use, although some creativity will be required.  Here's the link to the original and to a .duf variation of it, both are free:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/view/5/3D-Model/Liquid

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68701/related/21/DAZ-Studio/SpaceBones-Liquid-Converted-For-DS4.5

Here's an interesting looking water splash product: http://www.daz3d.com/creative-water-3d-watersplashes ;

You can also find splashing water elsewhere.

What kind of trouble were you having with adjusting lights?

A skydome is basically just a giant sphere with a picture of a sky on it.  There are a number of these as products in the store.  They may also come with light sets or other options built in as well. 

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

​I was also wondering how to put in a profile pic.

Click on the gear icon at the top right of the forum, select your username, then click on the smaller gear icon inside that page, and then select Edit Profile.   It is easy to follow from there.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited August 2015

You can get a load of skydomes FREE on ShareCG. Just search for skydome and Glaseye has a whole series of them.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    Wilmap said:

You can get a load of skydomes FREE on ShareCG. Just search for skydome and Glaseye has a whole series of them.

Hello Wilmap, hey it is nice to see that you are here. That is a suprise.  Thanks for the info, I will surely look into that.  Oh if anybody reads this message you have to check out Wilmaps site, it is spectacular.. Anyway nice to see here from you, and will be hearing you around, take care..

Mjvol

sriesch said:

Spacebones' liquid might have a few things one could use, although some creativity will be required.  Here's the link to the original and to a .duf variation of it, both are free:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/view/5/3D-Model/Liquid

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68701/related/21/DAZ-Studio/SpaceBones-Liquid-Converted-For-DS4.5

Here's an interesting looking water splash product: http://www.daz3d.com/creative-water-3d-watersplashes ;

You can also find splashing water elsewhere.

What kind of trouble were you having with adjusting lights?

A skydome is basically just a giant sphere with a picture of a sky on it.  There are a number of these as products in the store.  They may also come with light sets or other options built in as well. 

​Thank you sriesh for that info, I will check it out.

Mjvol

​I was also wondering how to put in a profile pic.

Click on the gear icon at the top right of the forum, select your username, then click on the smaller gear icon inside that page, and then select Edit Profile.   It is easy to follow from there.

​Hello Jimmy, you just made my day, thank with your help, I got pic uploaded.. THANK YOU. It is amazing what a little info will do. To me though it was a big help,  I tried for a 2 hrs to figure it out, and with your help it was done in less then a minute.

So thanks

​Mjvol

Well ! I made some changes to the picture, took out the gen 3 female and replaced it with gen 2 female, the reason for the checkered skin on the gen 3 female was because it might have something to do with the change of skins for her skin that caused that or it was her.. And because I don't have any dome yet, I decided to change the view of the render. So here it is.

Pool party get together 1.png
    720 x 720 - 654K
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'm a new user myself and found that a way to get background in, such as sky, is to fake it. I just make a plane primitive then put a picture in the diffuse channel of its surface, then angle the camera so that it you don't see any clear spots (like you did already). Or instead of a picture just change the color to blue or something, but as long as the plane is blocking out the empty background, who is going to know?

You've got a good picture there, but look up "rule of thirds" for photography, it really helps with placement of the figures

Joe Webb said:

I'm a new user myself and found that a way to get background in, such as sky, is to fake it. I just make a plane primitive then put a picture in the diffuse channel of its surface, then angle the camera so that it you don't see any clear spots (like you did already). Or instead of a picture just change the color to blue or something, but as long as the plane is blocking out the empty background, who is going to know?

You've got a good picture there, but look up "rule of thirds" for photography, it really helps with placement of the figures

Thank you Joe for your reply, yes that would help, by placing the figures in cirtain postions would help photo.

Take care

Mjvol

edited August 2015

I would like to say thanks to all who replied to me and gave me advice, I finally got a sky dome , took me awhile to figure it out in the daz program, but I put it in the pool party, so here is my next shot with the skydome in it.

I am happy that I am learning , and again thanks to you all ..

Mjvol

Pool party get together 2.png
    720 x 720 - 573K
    Post edited by Mjvol on