How to change "eye shine" on models with different skin tones?

3D2G3D2G Posts: 12

Hi, everyone! I'm Gina and I'm pretty new to this 3d software world. My reason for venturing into this area is that I want to be able to have models of my original characters on hand for complex illustrations and designing. 

So, I recently ran into the issue of varying skin tones but learned that I could change the diffuse/base color of a figure while keeping the accompanying skin texture map (though, how would one get rid of the texture on, say, the genesis 2 figure?). While, I'm ok with the results it seems there's something up with the eyes on models that I apply a dark diffuse/base to. There's this strong shine to them that isn't there when I take the skin tone back to lighter shades. 

Advice?

And examples attached.

Thanks!

Capturequestionforforum.JPG
808 x 716 - 62K

Comments

• I can't read the notes. Are the problem images renders or previews? If you are not adjusting all of the surface settings then the eyes shouldn't change at all.

• 3D2G3D2G Posts: 12

Hi Richard, the writing on the top image are just personal notes, so those can be disregarded. Both images are previews (I change the button from textured to iray and it takes about 30-60 seconds to change to the visual attached). 

When I'm changing the disffuse/base color, I first click on skin option under the surfaces tab and the program automatically selects all the "skin" areas excluding the eyes and lips. But can you see what I mean from the image? On the darker tones the eyes look bright, like their stuck on versus set in. On the girl it's not that bad. Maybe it's the type of eyes I used? On the girls it's aiko 6 eyes and the guys have a set from either Michael 6 or the standard ones for G2M.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

• Yes, I can see that they don't match - it looks as if there are painted on relfections in the dark-skinned version but not in the light, which was why I was asking if you'd made other changes beyond the skin colour.