two questions about GoZ

1) If i send the figure to zbrush at full resolution, edit it and then send it back, it doesn't update the original figure. It only gives me the option of creating a new 'marble statue' (ie non poseable figure. It only seems to give me the modify geometry option if I export the low res version of the figure. This is a problem as I want to make some fine scale edits in zbrush and I can't do this with a low res figure.

2) I am finding that conforming clothing doesn't fit modified figures. e.g. I scuplt a pot belly and now the pants don't conform correctly. How do I fix this?

Comments

• 1) moprhs can affect only the base geometry (without the HD plug-in, which is limited to DAZ PAs). If you want finer detail you need to bake to a dispalcement or normal map.

2) Is the new morph set to AutoFollow? Click the gear icon on the slider and check Parameter Settings.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962

1) moprhs can affect only the base geometry (without the HD plug-in, which is limited to DAZ PAs). If you want finer detail you need to bake to a dispalcement or normal map.

2) Is the new morph set to AutoFollow? Click the gear icon on the slider and check Parameter Settings.

I am not using the morph option of GoZ I am using the option to modify the figure (I have no need of a morph)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

What exactly are you trying to change?  If you need to add to the mesh you may need to create a geograft.

Agh! Too many choices! Displacement map? Geograft?

I am trying to create some raised effects on the skin of a figure, like ridges. But the genesis base mesh is too coarse to allow this to be done in zbrush. I can subdivide in zbrush but it still goes back to the base res in Studio.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You need to sculpt the detail on a subdivided mesh in Zbrush then bake it to a displacement map or normals map.  Only PAs have the tool to create HD morphs which is what are trying to do.

jestmart said:

You need to sculpt the detail on a subdivided mesh in Zbrush then bake it to a displacement map or normals map.  Only PAs have the tool to create HD morphs which is what are trying to do.

Right. I have no idea how to do that. Presumably there is a video about it.