Why is Genesis 2 f not working

Hi all I have been doing daz for a little while I'm just wondering why when Genesis 2 female is loaded nothing in the smart content will change her also is there a way to make v4 convertible with my whole library

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    darkrose said:

Hi all I have been doing daz for a little while I'm just wondering why when Genesis 2 female is loaded nothing in the smart content will change her also is there a way to make v4 convertible with my whole library

Not sure what you mean by 'nothing in the smart content will change her'?   When you have G2F selected, the Smart Content pane should only show items that can be used with G2F, that is why it is called 'Smart'.

What do you mean by making V4 'convertable' with everything in your library    V4 clothing and hair can be used with other figures by way of the Autofit plugin, assuming that you have the necessary clones, is that what you mean?

You really need to give a lot more information.

• darkrosedarkrose Posts: 5
    edited August 2015

When gensis 2 is loaded the smart content comes up has female if I were to click on eg head shape it does nothing to her same has bodyshapes and has for v4 if I were to try and change her eyes with a g2f material or pose it does nothing to v4 with gf2 I will load her let the content load click on a head shape the grey load box will come up and instead of loading the yellow bar letting you know it is importing it will just close with nothing changed

Post edited by darkrose on
    edited August 2015

Victoria 4 and Genesis 2 Female are two completely different figures.   You cannot use materials or poses meant for G2F on V4, is that what you are trying to do?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • OK thanks for the reply but I still don't get why the smart content is not working with Genesis 2 female when it is loaded and selected in the scene tab any idea's ☺

darkrose said:

OK thanks for the reply but I still don't get why the smart content is not working with Genesis 2 female when it is loaded and selected in the scene tab any idea's ☺

Does the original Genesis figure work, and other figures?   If so, then you may need to re-import your Metadata from the Content Library pane drop down menu.   Select 'Content DB Maintenance' and then 'Re-Import Metadata' and see if that helps.   Smart Content relies on Metadata AND on the Content Management Service to be working correctly.   When you start DAZ Studio, look in Windows Task Manager, and you should see several versions of 'postgres.exe' running, they control the PostgreSQL database.