Carrara Pro 8 & Windows 10

When I installed Windows's 10 on my computer, Carrara Pro 8 stopped working, I tried compatibility mode and still no luck.  Is Carrara Pro 8 incompatible with Windows 10? 

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

When I installed Windows's 10 on my computer, Carrara Pro 8 stopped working, I tried compatibility mode and still no luck.  Is Carrara Pro 8 incompatible with Windows 10? 

should work - did you try adding the SN again ?

or are you saying it doesn't start at all .

I know some of the people here are running it in W10 .

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615

I'm using 8.5 Pro (but not the latest 8.5.1...) on Windows 10 and it seems to work fine.

One other person mentioned a problem where he would start Carrara on Win 10 and it would immediately shut down or something like that. But I don't recall if he ever posted what happened and if he got it resolved or not.

You might want to post a trouble ticket and see if DAZ responds. I'd be curious to see what they say.

I checked and it was "BlumBlumShub" who had that problem. You might also want to PM him or something to see the status.

I know others have said they have Carrara working fine, but of course the devil is in the details on stuff like this...

edited August 2015

Also, if you're still having the problem, I'd suggest that before you do anything you do the standard Windows checklist of stuff to fix problems:

1. Update video drivers
    2. Make sure Windows is fully up-to-date
    3. Un-install and re-install the app
    4. If none of that works, hop around on one leg and cluck like a chicken, and don't forget to....
    5. Reboot early and often smiley
    Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • I have version 8--I'm not sure if I had the 8.1 update.  I'm still running Windows 7 on my laptop, if it won't run on my  desktop then I can use it there--I can't afford to upgrade to 8.5 right now.  The program would start, but when I loaded a starter scene it would freeze and crash or not display properly.  IT worked before under Windows 7.  Do you think there is a big difference between 8.5 and 8.1?  My version of Vue 8 Complete wouldn't work, a dialogue box came up saying "You're version of Vue isn't compatible with your version of Windows" and when I tried to use it, it crashed.  I can't afford to rebuy that.  I would have to go with Espirit if I ever did Vue again.  I always had problems with it, and was hoping that Carrara would be my answer to a natural environment renderer for my Poser Figures and I hate Bryce.

Sounds like a job for DAZ support. Time for a trouble ticket, IMO.

Hope it works out for you.

• edited August 2015

Well I don't know if they support older versions; a lot of times software people will just say that you have to upgrade.  Daz Studio 4.8 works fine though.  I wish they offered an upgrade discount.  I'll put in a ticket tomorrow and see if it should be Windows 10 compatible.  I used the compatibility setting for older versions of Windows and it didn't help.

Post edited by tom.santomartino_8315241f65 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861

it could be one of the 3rd party Carrara plugins ( if you have any installed ) that is crashing Carrara..

if you have uninstall the plugins and see if it works ;-)

• I'll can reinstall without extra content and plug-ings and see if that works.  Thanks for the suggestion.