Daz Studio Content Suggestion

So, I've been using Daz Studio for about a year now. Still consider myself fairly new. I use the Smart Content as opposed to the Content Library and I've been 98% happy with it. Installation is easier, updates are easier, and the organization mostly works. 

My suggestion:

In the Figures 'section', you organize by "People>Female, Feminine, Male, etc." But what would be really helpful would be if this was organized by Generation. Just put all my G3 figures in one bunch, my G8/8.1 in one bunch, and my new G9 in one bunch. This is a much more intuitive and useful division than Male/Female, especially considering that G9 doesn't distinguish the same way as previous generations. 

Just a thought. 

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

morrisonmp said:

In the Figures 'section', you organize by "People>Female, Feminine, Male, etc." But what would be really helpful would be if this was organized by Generation. Just put all my G3 figures in one bunch, my G8/8.1 in one bunch, and my new G9 in one bunch. This is a much more intuitive and useful division than Male/Female, especially considering that G9 doesn't distinguish the same way as previous generations. 

One reason, why people use the Content Library, as (almost) everything is organized by generation and gender, the exception being G8.1 that tends to put stuff in G8 folders.

• PerttiA said:

One reason, why people use the Content Library, as (almost) everything is organized by generation and gender, the exception being G8.1 that tends to put stuff in G8 folders.

I understand that there is a lot of love for using the Content Library. I've got some 3rd party products in there, but I find it much more cumbersome than the Smart Content. I think this would be a useful change for Daz to make if there is a chance when updating the Smart Content database or even for Daz Studio 5. Hence why I put it in the product suggestions forum. 

• Maybe a "Filter by Generation" check box down by the "Filter by Context" one.

That way the option is there for those wishing to use it.

• Taylor-S-Rose said:

Maybe a "Filter by Generation" check box down by the "Filter by Context" one.

That way the option is there for those wishing to use it.

That is also an excellent suggestion! 

• You can add any additional categories you like, and there are also tags on most things (that have metadata at all) - click to expand the set of tabs at the bottom of Smart Content to get at, and edit, tags, right-click on a file or folder to categorise it.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You can add any additional categories you like, and there are also tags on most things (that have metadata at all) - click to expand the set of tabs at the bottom of Smart Content to get at, and edit, tags, right-click on a file or folder to categorise it.

I appreciate the suggestion... and it's clear that this might be a solution... but after tinkering with Daz Studio last night, I have no idea how to do what you are suggesting here.  

• Right-click on a file or folder in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats (or Poser Formats) and select Categorise. Check the categories to which you wish to ad an entry, uncheck any you don't want, right-click menu will let you create new categories.