Genesis 1 and 2 in iClone 6. What's your experience so far?

Hey, whay about "Genesis 1" and "Genesis 2" in iClone 6. What's your experience so far?

So far both versions work smoothly to me. :P

Comments

• will2powerwill2power Posts: 270

I've done nothing but a few tests, but I have to say that the conversion process really is pretty easy. I''ve had a few issues when trying to convert a figure with props, but you solve that by importing the props separately. But for the most part, the thing that takes the longest is actually saving out the fbx. The conversion process in Iclone is surprisingly short and it takes all of the headache's out of converting. It truly is the easiest converter I've seen. 

I am working on a first project now and doing nothing but converting the figures and so far I've got no complaints.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

export it at 1fps in DAZ studio

• will2powerwill2power Posts: 270

export it at 1fps in DAZ studio

Thanks. I'll give that a try next time. It really wasn't a gripe --just an observation. The real test is exporting that character to Maya and seeing if you can use the Reallusion rig template to animate it there. I just got the Maya 2016 Entertainment suite from Autodesk, and I saw where you can export Iclone characters to Maya complete with a control rig. I'm going to try it over the next few days and see how it does. It could significantly increase my capabilities with A DAZ model in rendering and animating.