Change the shape of a 3D character? (Toon Generations)

Hi Guys,

I am currently creating a 'mascot' type character. I have already created a model in 3DS Max, but I want to try & re-create it in Daz using the 'Toon Generations' Base model, so that I can make use of the many morphs that are available for it. However I am new to Daz, and im not quite sure if that is possible...

Here is the model I have already created (its toon shaded currently):

Is it possible to re-create this model using the toon generations base (below image)? So that I can still make use of the TG morphs?

Besides that, is it also possible to change the depth of the eyes on the TG Base? As currently the eyes look too 'sunk in' (below), can that be changed in any way?

Thanks!

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited August 2015

Probably easier to use your own model frankly. Reason being by the time you morph it to the extreme that you need, the morphs you want to leverage likely won't work so well. And it would take a lot of time to get a nice morph that looks the way you want since the changes are pretty extreme.

The way artists get around this is to make corrective morphs to fix things they don't work so well when an extreme morph is applied. It's not so much that the body would have issues, it's the face and eyes. A simple smiling morph, or eyes open/close would not work right.

By the time you do all that, you could have just made your own morphs with the original figure.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on