Genesis and Genesis 2 - same outfits

So I see that Nightguard for example has a version for Genesis 1 and for Genesis 2

Now Genesis 1 clothes are copatable with Genesis 2, but not really the other way round, right? So what's the advantage of getting the genesis 2 version? Wouldn't it be better to just get genesis 1 version and use it for both characters. Surely the creators knew that, so why would they release a genesis 2 version?  

Question 2, do they have the same UV maps- ie can you use the same add on textures for both? 

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

They use the same textures, there are limits to how well autofit will work, a custom manual refit is always going to be better.

• i got the genesis versions since my men are still genesis. i never upgraded them to g2. so i was happy for those genesis sets. I never took the time to figure out how to make them go backwards.

but if i wanted to use some of the accessory pieces on the ladies i could easily do that with autofit and some tweaks. But for others, a native G2 would have been better because autofit isn't something you want to have if you can avoid it.