Starting Newish

brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,184
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been gone a long time. I know that Studio has changed and so have the installers. I'm on a Mac as well. What works with the new Studio and wasn't doesn't? How far back should I reset my downloads?

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,901
    edited August 2012

Hi ropeman!! :) Nice to see you again! If you've been gone awhile, and are getting the newest DazStudio 4.5, you will want to reset all of your plugins that have been updated. You are popping back in *just* as the newest version of Daz Studio has been released, so some plug-in makers are still updating. Here's a complete list so far:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/

...AND WELCOME BACK! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

If you still have a DS content folder you will not need to reset anything. You might need to move the folder and add it as your second folder in DS's prefs but that would be all. Most of the older content works fine but some of the stuff from DS1 and DS2 days do not work properly. The new Free version of DS4.5 Pro Full comes with it's on content and will install into a new content folder. After that Just install all your new purchases into DS4's new content folder.

I hope this helps you.

EDIT: Opps, I did not think about the Plugins. But DS4.5 and the early versions can live side by side very happily. I still have DS3A and all my plugins installed for the times I want to use those plugins.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Not being about to sort past purchases by date or title really blows. I have 59 pages. Lovely. :-)

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If you still have a DS content folder you will not need to reset anything. You might need to move the folder and add it as your second folder in DS's prefs but that would be all.

No need to move the folder*, just tell 4.5 to use it as its content folder. I'm still using the same content folder I've been using since 2.3 and DS2, 3 and 4 all use it quite happily. (* provided it isn't in program files)

Not being about to sort past purchases by date or title really blows. I have 59 pages. Lovely.

Ropeman: the Itemized Order Page thing is a pain (and AIUI is on the fix list), best solution for now is to keep a private copy in an excel worksheet and use that to tell you what page you need to be on to reset something. Someone has produced a tool to automate that, but it can be done manually (but do switch to 50 items a page first!).

edited December 1969

I do believe my content folder is long gone, I'll have to look though. I tend to buck the trend of install locations for Mac users. I may put it on my network drive, not sure. I do like that 3TB drives are getting cheaper. I may add one to my server and use it. At the moment, I'm moving many GBs of pics and video files to the server. DVD backups are becoming a pain too. May have to switch to a BluRay burner. :-)

edited December 1969

Not being about to sort past purchases by date or title really blows. I have 59 pages. Lovely.

Ropeman: the Itemized Order Page thing is a pain (and AIUI is on the fix list), best solution for now is to keep a private copy in an excel worksheet and use that to tell you what page you need to be on to reset something. Someone has produced a tool to automate that, but it can be done manually (but do switch to 50 items a page first!).

Is there a way to download the list into a CSV or do I need to cut and paste one page at a time?
    edited December 1969

I could fix the issues with the wishlist and order history in a day or less. It is very easy. The problem with not having it tell you about a previous purchase when adding an item to the cart? 1 hour.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited August 2012

ropeman said:
    I could fix the issues with the wishlist and order history in a day or less. It is very easy. The problem with not having it tell you about a previous purchase when adding an item to the cart? 1 hour.

In the context of Magento? I'd be willing to bet it'd take more than an hour to determine what is necessary to make the change, THEN you get to determine whether it broke something else. Not pretty.

EDIT: You do realize that the Magento source is over 4400 directories, and 11800+ files, right?

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

ropeman said:

In the context of Magento? I'd be willing to bet it'd take more than an hour to determine what is necessary to make the change, THEN you get to determine whether it broke something else. Not pretty.

EDIT: You do realize that the Magento source is over 4400 directories, and 11800+ files, right?

KendallI've use larger systems than Magento. Typically, one doesn't change the frameworks source code. Your post implies that the problem is the Magento system and is a known bug for the product.

edited December 1969

DWG said:
    Jaderail said:
    If you still have a DS content folder you will not need to reset anything. You might need to move the folder and add it as your second folder in DS's prefs but that would be all.

No need to move the folder*, just tell 4.5 to use it as its content folder. I'm still using the same content folder I've been using since 2.3 and DS2, 3 and 4 all use it quite happily. (* provided it isn't in program files)

I copied page by page (only took 12). Unfortunately, the numbers copied with links, so they don't sort quite probably. Looks like my first order was 22 September 2006.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

ropeman said:
    ropeman said:

Kendall

I've use larger systems than Magento. Typically, one doesn't change the frameworks source code. Your post implies that the problem is the Magento system and is a known bug for the product.

It's not a "bug"... Magento is designed for physical product, not digitally downloaded content. Therefore the feature just isn't present and has to be coded. My point is that this isn't a simple "I'll code up a quick SQL select and output a simple 'You have already purchased this item.' error."

Kendall

edited December 1969

ropeman said:
    ropeman said:

Kendall

I've use larger systems than Magento. Typically, one doesn't change the frameworks source code. Your post implies that the problem is the Magento system and is a known bug for the product.

It's not a "bug"... Magento is designed for physical product, not digitally downloaded content. Therefore the feature just isn't present and has to be coded. My point is that this isn't a simple "I'll code up a quick SQL select and output a simple 'You have already purchased this item.' error."

Kendall

Sounds like Magento isn't a framework then and doesn't have a commerce pipeline where components can be swapped. If that is the case, it is the wrong product.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited December 1969

ropeman said:
    Not being about to sort past purchases by date or title really blows. I have 59 pages. Lovely. :-)

Agreed! But apparently that's not high on their "fix it" list. But I'm sure it will be done "soon". :-s