Batch Subset loader / scene fixer

Hi everyone, I need some help. 

I'm sure we all know this case when you create twenty scenes off of the same base scene, then realize there is a light missing, you forgot a background item or character etc. Simple to fix by creating a subset of the items you want to add - and literal hell to manually go through opening 20 files, merging the same subsets twenty times, then saving them and re-rendering them. 

In theory, this sounds relatively simple, and I even think I have most of it down by copy-pasting a lot of code from various forum threads together. But I am a complete noob with Daz Scripts (though full-time dev in my day job), and I can't seem to find proper tutorials or documentation, no matter how hard I look. No idea how you guys learned Daz Script in the  first place :S

Here is what I have so far:

(function () {

// How can I load both scene and subset lists via file dialog?

var aScenesToAddTo = ["D://testfiles/1.duf", "D://testfiles/2.duf"]

var aSceneSubsetsToAdd = ["D://testfiles/subsets/1.duf", "D://testfiles/subsets/2.duf"]

var oAssetIOMgr = App.getAssetIOMgr();

for (var i = 0; i < aScenesToAddTo.length; i++) {

var sScenePath = aScenesToAddTo[i]

var sPathSplits = sScenePath.split("/")

var sSceneName = sPathSplits[sPathSplits.length - 1]

print(sSceneName)

var oResult = oAssetIOMgr.doLoad(sScenePath)

if (oResult.valueOf() != 0) {

print('Couldnt load original scene ',sSceneName,'. error message: ', oResult.valueOf(), getErrorMessage(oResult))

}

else{

for (var i = 0; i < aSceneSubsetsToAdd.length; i++) {

print("loading subset: ", aSceneSubsetsToAdd[i])

// how can I load/merge scene subsets?

}

// how can I quietly save the file in its original location without save dialog?

oSettings.setBoolValue("CompressOutput",false);

oSettings.setBoolValue("RunSilent",true);

//how to save over the current file?:

oAssetIOMgr.doSaveWithOptions(oAssetIOFilter,oSettings,true,"g:/frame000"); // No ".duf" in the file path    }

} print("My job here is done!")

})();

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Comments