Beginner question re arched ceiling in Jack Tomalin "crypta sepultus"

I downloaded the "Them Bones" model and also the "Crypta Sepultus" using DIM. The crypt model was first on my list and it doesn't seem to be loading any texture onto some of the arches??? I do believe they are coming out jet black - no features at all. The rest of the model rendered very nicely in 3DL in DS 4.8 so I'm wondering if the installation got messed up somehow? Nothing that a bit of postwork won't fix, but...

Wanting to add some dirt and clutter I downloaded Them Bones and for sure it seems to be a bit all over the place, hard to find and so on, definitely no individual bones, just a few groups.

Although this installation of DS and DIM is working much better for me than previous ones, I don't think it's 100% yet; any and all comments greatly appreciated.

Note: in my screenshot below you can see a few of the "black" spars I am getting... some render nicely, some appear black-only. If you don't know this model it comes with a dark light set with candlelight, very dungeon-like and wonderful textured rock walls. But it's hard to see the model in the preview window once you have applied the candle lights.

crypt-ceiling.jpg
929 x 537 - 254K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That looks more like a normals problem than missing textures to me.

Reversed normals would do pretty much the same thing.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

do you have a .ds mat preset for the ceiling as I do and that works. So it isn't a normal error but it does need reporting if Jack doesn't see this thread.

PS it is just a case of the wrong texture map being loaded

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Ah,  that explains why I had no problem when I tried it in Poser.

• I've just been made aware of this thread..  :)

Let me look into it, and get it sorted.. thanks!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Well, since Jack is on it, a fix is certain.

Is it a wrong map or a flipped one, Pete?

• mjc1016 said:

Fix is on it's way to Jen.

Yea, it's simply a wrong map (_2 not _1 there).. all sorted now.

mjc1016 said:

As Jack said above it was just the wrong map being loaded

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Ok (quick service, wow!) so what happens now, do I "uninstall" somehow or "re-install" using DIM, or...??? Just curious.

Also the other part of my question - I've been able to do some work with the "Them Bones" model but it seems very scattered about, on my system: I've got the basic poses of the bones and the shallow grave is OK, but I'll be darned if I can locate the material presets.

Not knowing what to do next, I created my own "bone textures" file, and a BUMP version, for use with the crypta sepultus model and "Them Bones", heh.

Remember to crank up the BUMP values a bit, to give it a nice boney surface. smiley

Ok more problems... tried to upload my texture files, (12 Mb each - too big perhaps?) and not much is happening. Does it have to be JPEG format?

Tried clicking around to see where the stock bone textures might be and I finally located them - under "Poses". See screenshot.

bones-materials-listed-as-poses.jpg
    752 x 542 - 84K