Import Alembic

Please add the ability to import Alembic files into Daz Studio. Daz currently does not have the ability to animate particles and it does not appear that such functionality will be added anytime soon. However, if you add the ability to import Alembic files into Daz Studio, we can do this through other programs. Moreover, most modern 3D programs have had a similar function for a long time.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

yeah, the import formats and functions for DS are very lacking. I would love to be able to import .FBX and have it keep the rigging. Carrara does this perfectly, but not DS, go figure.

• FSMCDesigns said:

yeah, the import formats and functions for DS are very lacking. I would love to be able to import .FBX and have it keep the rigging. Carrara does this perfectly, but not DS, go figure.

Daz Studio will, as far as I know, import FBX fiels from Motion Builder. Unfortunately FBX is a format much subject to variation in its implementation.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Most modern 3D programs have a LOT of features that DS doesn't. While DS doesn't have a native particle system, you could try Parsis. Depending on the effect you're going for, you could also export your particles as VDB and use either ABAS or TexAnim to animate them.