Genesis 1 to Genesis 9 Clothing/Hair/Character/UV Converter

I know, I know, Genesis was several generations ago...but with the new G9 that came out, Daz has clearly revamped their male-female-hybrid figure.  Honestly, I stuck w/ G1 even while G2 & G3 items were coming out (just converted the clothing/hairs) b/c G1 was way easier to create FAMILIES.  Want a daughter to look like her dad?  Well, start with him and just crank up the "female" dial, turn down the "male" dial, tweak a few things, and you're done!  And if you happened to use a specific character (like say Michael 5) to create dear ol' dad, well that male morph transphers over to the new female shape.

Since G9 is roughly the same (in that respect) as G1, I think that conversion (either G1 -> G9 or G9 -> G1) makes more sense than the other G's.  If, for example, you created a custom G1 character using several different morph sets that you purchased, and you saved that as a character, being able to save that character as a morph and then transfer it to G9 would really open up how much more of your library you could continue to use.  I love it when Daz comes out w/ newer, more optimized figures, but having to remake your character using a new base figure just to use the newer, cooler clothing items gets old pretty fast.  I'm neither a modeler nor a scripter(?), so I'm not sure how feasible this would be (or if it would need to be more than one product), but as someone who needs consistent characters for illustrations, something like this would be a huge time-saver!

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

There will probably be a converter to come out at some point, although I don't think it will go all the way back to Genesis 1. Your best bet is to get the GenX addon in the store and bring your genesis 1 morphs up to G3 and then wait for the new converter to come out. Personally I would just start creating all new characters for G9

• VueiyVueiy Posts: 530

FSMCDesigns said:

There will probably be a converter to come out at some point, although I don't think it will go all the way back to Genesis 1. Your best bet is to get the GenX addon in the store and bring your genesis 1 morphs up to G3 and then wait for the new converter to come out. Personally I would just start creating all new characters for G9

I got GenX and couldn't figure out how to make it work (yes, I followed the readme).  I would get a "morph" that I could transfer, but when I did so, dialing up the morph did nothing.  I eventually just gave up on it and eyeballed it the best I could.  Got it close enough that you can't really tell the difference in renders...and then my computer crashed again (different computer) and I had to make it again.  I'm gonna back it up this time...