M4 Face Shape on Genesis seems wonky (solved)

edited August 2012 in The Commons

I finally got around to purchasing the V4/M4 Shapes for Genesis. Dialing Victoria 4's shape into Genesis works perfectly as far as I'm concerned; but when I dial M4's head shape to 100% on Genesis, it seems wonky. The eyes & brow just don't look like Michael 4's.

Attached is a screen shot showing an unaltered M4 & Genesis with the M4 head shape set to 100%. Genesis gets droopy eyes & the brow looks hideous.

I haven't installed DS4.5 yet because I'm not sure I got a complete download on it since it only came up to 129mb upon finishing the download; the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 was 420mb & it just didn't seem right. (Anyhoo, that's beside the point.) I'm running DS4.0.3.47 on Win7 64

Do I need to go up to the DS4.5 or is this because I don't yet have Generation X to transfer the legacy morphs?

Funky-M4-Head-Shape-in-Genesis.png
800 x 301 - 51K
Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Yes, you'll need GenX to translate the Gen4 Morphs to Genesis... the Shapes are - as far as I know - not meant to be used as a direct transferbase, but as morphs to make the Shapes of Gen4 useable with Genesis. They are needed for GenX to work though as it takes the Gen4 for Genesis Shapes as base for the transferred Morphs from your Gen4 Figures. So basically to transfer a morph you need the Shape for Genesis and GenX.

But if you want to buy it... you might want to wait, it could be in the upcoming PA sale which will be in september this year...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

No, something's not right there, you don't need GenX to apply the base M4 shape. Make sure you don't have any other morphs dialed in accidentally.

• edited December 1969

No, something's not right there, you don't need GenX to apply the base M4 shape. Make sure you don't have any other morphs dialed in accidentally.

That's what I thought too....that the V4/M4 Shapes for Genesis could work without the Generation X plug in.
    Nothing more is dialed on Genesis...just the M4 head shape.:long:
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

There are slight differences in the Genesis M4 and M4 headshapes and I think they're concentrated around the eyes and forehead - or in other words I'm seeing roughly the same that you are. But drop the M4 skin onto both and it's very difficult to spot anything other than the slightly more pointed skull shape.

>> I haven’t installed DS4.5 yet because I’m not sure I got a complete download on it since it only came up to 129mb upon finishing the download; the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 was 420mb & it just didn’t seem right <<</p>

That sounds in the right ballpark if you only downloaded one of DS4.5 32 bit or 64 bit, and none of the separate installers like Photoshop Bridge. Genesis Starter Essentials is definitely about that size.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

With Genesis selected, go to the Parameters tab, and click on Currently Used, which should list any morphs that are applied.

Below is Genesis shape for M4 on the left, and the M4 character on the right, there are slight differences, but nothing major that I can see. It is only supposed to be a shape for Genesis, and not a direct replica.

asdf.jpg
    816 x 551 - 43K
  • edited December 1969

Ok...I see what I did wrong. When I dial M4 Shape in the Actor panel in Shaping, it also shapes his head...so when I go to Genesis' Head panel & dial M4 Shape to it, that's when it gets all wonky looking. :-P :lol: