hi what does anybody recomend is the best realistic lighting pack

lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001
edited February 2023 in Product Suggestions

[hi what does anybody recomend is the best realistic lighting pack] does anyone have any ideas!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio topic per se.

Realistic in what way? A good HDR set, of which there are many, can reproduce the lighting of a particular place at a particular time very well - but it isn't generic. Interior lighting is likely to be set-specific. If you want lights for portraits then I'm not sure what "realistic" would amount to.

• I want to find good lighting for a gym or boxing ring, would those be in the FG Touygh Gym set?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

colinmac2 said:

I want to find good lighting for a gym or boxing ring, would those be in the FG Touygh Gym set?

There is nothing special in the lighting in that set or in most others. it's just emissive primitives (the lights in the ceiling). You can create your own by creating a plane primitive (or selecting any surface) and adding an emissive shader to it and adjusting the properties

When it comes to lighting, you have 4 choices, dome light which is usually and HDRI, sunlight, or a scene light which will usually be a spot light, a point light or an emissive surface (like a mesh object such as a light bulb, a light shade or cover, a plane, etc) or a combination of dome and scene light. The settings and placement of the light is what makes it special and standout

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

If you are doing indoor scenes Ghost Light KIt is very useful.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Define "best". Do you mean the one where you have to do nothing except press the "Make Art" button?

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

Hi yeah you just click on one thing and it does it for you! That's what ism looking for but I appreciate everyone's help ty so much for replying! 

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

It will depend a lot on what sort of images you're making. Indoor and outdoor lighting will be quite different, as will studio-like portrait lighting vs colorful fantasy lighting. There are many good lighting sets in the store, but it really does depend on what you need for a particular scene. For one-click solutions, CakeOne's Click N Render sets or the UltraHD HDRI sets are great, but they won't be perfect for all situations. To get the most out of lighting, I would suggest learning to use spotlights and emissive surfaces yourself so you can tailor your lighting to your scenes and get the best results.

• lasagnamanlasagnaman Posts: 1,001

Hey ty so

much i will try that!