Transferring morphs so they are useable after doing Auto-fit

I used to know the answer to this when using V/M 4 and earlier item. But I have forgotten.  I remember you have to Traix weight map it first and then something else..  I also am having issues when autofitting Genesis to Genesis 2 figures..  The morphs do show but will not dial in. All you get is the bend side to side and twist.  I am guessing you do the same as you do for the Gen 4.  Was just unusual that the morphs show but do not work.  I am doing a good bit of kitbashing right now so need an answer. 

Thanks for your help

Comments

• I'm sorry but it isn't clear what you are doing. AutoFitting clothes to another figure, if that's what you mean, should preserve morphs - however, it won't preserve body handles so if the "morphs" are controllers for handles they won't work (without reworking the rigging).

• I'm sorry but it isn't clear what you are doing. AutoFitting clothes to another figure, if that's what you mean, should preserve morphs - however, it won't preserve body handles so if the "morphs" are controllers for handles they won't work (without reworking the rigging).

Sorry don't mean to be unclear.  First off thank you for the fast response as will be clear from the response I sent to the help desk.  I am actually working with the Hairdresser modular hair from MAB/WilDupre.  As far as the Genesis part of this question.  Usually when I autofit something the morphs do not show.  Was caught off guard when I fitted that to Keiko 6 and the morphs showed but the dials did not work.   Now the cut and paste....

"Sorry for  the slow response.  I have had that plugin and it is pretty much useless in my book.  I am on a new laptop and I didn't even bother to re-download it.  Honestly this is really two issues.  I used to know how to transfer the morphs but  I did not get that answer on the Daz forums.  I forgot how to do it and the person that gave me the steps is no longer on DA or here. 

I do remember the first step was going to the edit tab and weight mapping the object.  It was after this step I can't remember. I want to say it uses the transfer utility but I am not certain.  

The second issue is  why is it when you auto fit a Genesis item to Genesis 2 that the actor/morphs show but do not work. 

Apologize if I am not being clear.  I also have a post on the forum but plenty of looks but no answers.  I think the last time I posted a question on the forums it took almost two months for someone to respond .  So don't have much faith in seeing any answer in a timely manner.  "

Why I said thank you.  -chuckles-  last time I had actually forgot the original question when someone finally answered it.

• Well, I don't have that set. You are using AutoFit (loading the item and fitting it to the target figure, then setting the source figure in the dialogue that opens) rather than the Transfer Utility?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055

Check Sickleyield's tutorials at DeviantArt, I'm pretty sure there's at least one about this.

• Leana said:

Check Sickleyield's tutorials at DeviantArt, I'm pretty sure there's at least one about this.

Probably this one: http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347

• I will look at the tuts thank you.  The thing is what I am talking about is done before you use autofit.  Christine is trying to help but I am not creating new content.  It is especially useful for hair figures honestly.  I am annoyed I may  have to request a store credit on that purchas since I can't use it as intended.  Only be the second time in 9 years and I like MAB/ WilDupre's stuff.   It will not work properly without the morphs.  The figures load in a certain position and then you have to dial in the actually shape.  Like some of the anthro tails out there.  I have limited internet access so  may be slow responding.

• Update .. Chris that is exactly what I was trying to remember thankyou.  Now only question I have is will it work with a Genesis to Genesis 2  conversion.

The person who gave me the info used to do alot of centaur conversions and I haven't seen him in a long time.