D-forms, Poser Magnets, and applying a deformer to character and clothes

Need some help; just recently upgraded from Daz 3.1 to Daz 4.8 and made the leap from V4 to V6.

Previously, I would apply a poser generated magnet to V4 in Daz 3.1 ( a tightening of the waist / abdomen) to allow for a tight, or cinched, belt.  If I applied this magnet (a pp2 file) to the base figure first, when I added a piece of clothing, the clothing would adopt the same deformer (matching the magnet already on the figure).  This was handy in that I could apply a belt to a long shirt, for example, and have the cinched or tightened effect.

Tried this in 4.8 with G2F.  Didnt expect it to work (newer software, newer different figure) and trying to open the Poser created pp2 magnet causes the application to freeze.

Looked at creating deformers, as well as push modifier nodes, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to replicate this older effect.  Is there a tutorial, or a summary, on how to do this?  And is it still possible with the newer software and newer characters?  Have done a forum search, googled it, and scoured the user manual for 4.8, but no joy so far.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

There a couple of video tutorials on YouTube.  They are for the older Daz versions but still work similar.  Try searching for D-Formers.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Some of it can be done with smoothing modifiers and careful ordering of the collision objects for them...probably not any easier than deformers, once you get the hang of the changes in them.

• the good thing is that in daz 4 + you can actually save them as a new morph to show up everytime you load the item in the future, Works with characters as well.