Some nice Bryce evangelism hit Youtube

Some of you may have missed you but retrocomputing youtuber LGR put up a video extolling the virtues of Bryce combined with a quick history lesson for our younger viewers. Of course, being a retro nut he does it all using an old version.

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Thank you!  So much fun to see someone still showing others about Bryce.  We keep each other company here but numbers are dwindling.  Maybe some of them will drop by here.

edited February 2023

Is Bryce 7.1 pro even available still?  It's not showing when I search the shop for it.

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

NGartplay said:

Is Bryce 7.1 pro even available still?  It's not showing when I search the shop for it.

https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro

You forgot to turn off "Hide Items I Own"

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thank you for sharing this link, Ascania, I really enjoyed watching it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Ascania - thank you for that link to the Bryce 3 video. Great look-back in history. It was definitely worth the time to watch this video.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Ascania : thank you for the link to a very interesting video about Bryce.

• I just looked in wonder at the glossy manuals they used to have

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Many thanks for posting this link! This video triggered many nice old memories.  :)

• thanks for showing this nice works Ascania - and very well done.

Argh, thanks Ascania, I did indeed :)

• NGartplay said:

Thank you!  So much fun to see someone still showing others about Bryce.  We keep each other cHelloompany here but numbers are dwindling.  Maybe some of them will drop by here.

Hello :) 

Hi jnobes!  So good that you dropped in.  Do you use Bryce?  Ask questions, browse artwork by users, join the bi-monthly challenge to win some prizes.  Look forward to it.

• Thats the plan. I've been absorbing a lot of information regarding bryce, mainly David Brinnen and Horo's tutorials, which are excellent, so I'm looking at getting it this week and getting stuck in. I have a little experience with other programs and I find their environment a little too complex on the surface, with no real clear way about how to get things done, which has put me off learning for a long time. So I'm hoping this will be a nice stepping stone for getting into it all properly.

Definitely grab Bryce.  It's only $19.95...maybe it will go on sale for March Madness.  Super easy to learn if you follow Brinnen's or Horo's YouTube videos or on their websites.  At the top of the Bryce forum is a section and it has a list of tutorial links.

I don't learn well with written tutorials but I do fine with videos.  I am a slow reader and I miss things while reading.

And, here's a link to extreme beginner tutorials.  Fast and easy...just to get your feet wet...that old ray tracing look: https://mulawa.net/tutorials/sql/Bryce/index.php

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Welcome jnobes. We are all here to answer questions and help "brycers".

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Welcome Jnobes, hope to see some of your work soon in "Show us Your Bryce Renders"