Bridged Genesis rotational issues

Ok, so I've got Genesis being sent from Daz Studio to Bryce...  but I'm running into some issues on rotation.

First, here is how I'm getting genesis in.

1.  Load Justin into Daz Studio.

2.  Load and conform complete Ash clothes onto Justin.

3.  Load PH Messy Hair onto Justin and give a brown material.

4.  Select send to Bryce to send the character to Bryce.

5.   Save Bryce file as a .br7 file.

Now, load the .br7 file you just saved into a fresh openning of Bryce.   Go to Select Groups and Select all groups.

Now try to rotate the group.   You will discover that the clothes have a different rotational center than Genesis.   The clothes just come off of him.   (I uploaded images to show what I'm talking about.   The rest of the scene is a Bryce Scene that I like that I merged the Genesis/Justin scene with to use as a background)

Any ideas how to fix the rotational issues?

Genesis1.png
1000 x 500 - 1019K
Genesis3.png
1000 x 500 - 993K

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,105

Select the complete Justin and group it, then rotate. It appears that the loaded one consists of several groups.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Yes, that is indeed the issue. If you sent from DAZ to Bryce, the separate items tend to be not grouped. So. as soon as you have sent the item to Bryce, select the whole item and group it. Give it a logical name (to remember it, if you have more groups). Then you can rotate it, move it, enlarge or shrinken it as a whole item. You can still modify textures of the single items by selecting these.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,806

I've never done this with people or something so complex but I will ungroup then regroup and that fixes it if it's one multi part object that distorts when I move it.

• Hansmar said:

Yes, that is indeed the issue. If you sent from DAZ to Bryce, the separate items tend to be not grouped. So. as soon as you have sent the item to Bryce, select the whole item and group it. Give it a logical name (to remember it, if you have more groups). Then you can rotate it, move it, enlarge or shrinken it as a whole item. You can still modify textures of the single items by selecting these.

Huzzah, that fixed it!    So I loaded in the Bryce file of just Genesis that I had saved.    Then I did a Select All.    Then an Object/Create Group which created Group 1.    Now, when I select Group 1 everything rotates the way I want it to!    So I went to Object/Attributes and changed the group name to AllGenesis.   

Thank you all for the help!   I really needed to manipulate the group to set up my scenes!

Boojum