Andrea Ocean Liner [Commercial]

If you have any questions or remarks, feel free to post it here, I'll answer as soon as possible.

https://www.daz3d.com/andrea-ocean-liner

Andrea_main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 932K

Comments

• maybe one day but have to giggle at the sinking scene

with the discounted food items Norovirus is a more probable disaster, spread by the use of the poo-l cheeky

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25

As a former sailor, I can say this is the one of the most detailed and realistic ships for 3d use, same as your “Leudo”  sailing boat. smiley

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

Is there interior in the future?

• 3djoji3djoji Posts: 1,075

PerttiA said:

I'm working on it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,540

3djoji said:

PerttiA said:

I'm working on it.

smiley 

• I'm going to buy regardless, but how would passengers embark/disembark? Arrival and departure scenes were the first thing I thought of, but I'm not sure what would be needed - theer doesn't seem to be anywhere for a traditional gangplank.

• wfbp1w said:

As a former sailor, I can say this is the one of the most detailed and realistic ships for 3d use, same as your “Leudo”  sailing boat. smiley

I'm not a sailor, but once wanted to be. Can't disagree at all. Amazing detail.

Regards,

Richard

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25

- Civil captain and officer's uniforms would be needed also

• arrjeearrjee Posts: 40

3djoji said:

PerttiA said:

I'm working on it.

What interiors do you have planned? (I'm here today because I was looking for something that would work as a steam ship engine room)

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,076

The ship looks great. And I love that it comes in part, so if I only need the deck I can remove the rest.

edited February 2023

I forgot to make some render of the Andrea Ocean Liner into its box (included). 

Edit : oups, no pictures ...

Post edited by 3djoji on

Thank you for all your happiness, I hope you can enjoy this model so much. Thank you for nice words too

About the "rooms" : I planned to make the ship's command post, a bedroom and the pool bar first class. let's trying those. Sorry for not being able to make a steam engine room but in 1950 the boats already had oil turbines.

About the uniforms : I hope another PA who specializes in clothing can create these uniforms for Genesis

About Ambark/Disambark : The boarding quay is a very large universe which accommodates boats of this size (223m). How to achieve this environment is still under consideration.

3djoji said:

I forgot to make some render of the Andrea Ocean Liner into its box (included). 

box01.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • 3djoji said:

Thank you for all your happiness, I hope you can enjoy this model so much. Thank you for nice words too

About the "rooms" : I planned to make the ship's command post, a bedroom and the pool bar first class. let's trying those. Sorry for not being able to make a steam engine room but in 1950 the boats already had oil turbines.

About the uniforms : I hope another PA who specializes in clothing can create these uniforms for Genesis

About Ambark/Disambark : The boarding quay is a very large universe which accommodates boats of this size (223m). How to achieve this environment is still under consideration.

Something to look forward to.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,810

WendyLuvsCatz said:

maybe one day but have to giggle at the sinking scene

Evidently 3DJoji was inspired by the "Andrea Doria" for more than just the general design.

Oddly, the Wikipedia page describing the disaster doesn't mention that Spiderman was among the passengers on the "Andrea Doria". They do name some of the noteworthy passengers -- Cary Grant's wife, Ed Murrow's daughter, and a member of the songwriting duo Leiber & Stoller, but Spiderman doesn't appear. odd.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

bytescapes said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

maybe one day but have to giggle at the sinking scene

Evidently 3DJoji was inspired by the "Andrea Doria" for more than just the general design.

Oddly, the Wikipedia page describing the disaster doesn't mention that Spiderman was among the passengers on the "Andrea Doria". They do name some of the noteworthy passengers -- Cary Grant's wife, Ed Murrow's daughter, and a member of the songwriting duo Leiber & Stoller, but Spiderman doesn't appear. odd.

He most likely would have been listed under "Peter Parker". 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited February 2023

Hi @3djoji

If I'm not mistaken, that ship (Andea Doria) was the ship that collided with the ship M/S Stockholm and sunk in 1956 because she didn't have radar installed.

Post edited by Totte on
  • just to be clear, I had no idea there was a real ship like it that sank

my post refered more to the popular disaster movies like the Poseidon Aventure

Totte said:

Hi @3djoji

If I'm not mistaken, that ship (Andea Doria) was the ship that collided with the ship M/S Stockholm and sunk in 1956 because she didn't have radar installed.

if you go to that link http://www.andreadoria.org/TheEncounter/Default.htm you can read that : "The Andrea Doria was equipped with two of the latest radar scopes, but Calamai was a traditional captain who preferred the evidence of his eyesight. He would rely on the radar when he had to, but he would keep his own senses vigilant."

This model is well based on the plans of the Andrea Doria and the radar (simplified) is present on the main mast.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525

3djoji said:

Totte said:

Hi @3djoji

if you go to that link http://www.andreadoria.org/TheEncounter/Default.htm you can read that : "The Andrea Doria was equipped with two of the latest radar scopes, but Calamai was a traditional captain who preferred the evidence of his eyesight. He would rely on the radar when he had to, but he would keep his own senses vigilant."

This model is well based on the plans of the Andrea Doria and the radar (simplified) is present on the main mast.

Ah, memory served me wrong, thanks ;-)
    I did remember radar, or lack of it (the usage it seems) was the reason for the tragic accident,

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited February 2023

As a result of this thread, I did some poking around and found out that the Stockholm, which collided with Andrea Doria, is somehow technically still in service. It's been renamed "Astoria" and its owners are apparently having financial issues, so it's sort of in drydock at the moment, but it's still around.

Andrea does look like a spectacular model.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • 3djoji said:

PerttiA said:

I'm working on it.

Could be a long list of interiors.  It won't get boring ;-)

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173
    edited February 2023

This is an excellent ship. I have just run my first render with her and the results were excellent (see attached file). I also put the MV Graziana in the scene for scale, SS Andrea is an impressively big ship.

Originally I had been looking for an older, more Art Decco, ship but this will work out just fine.

I'm loooking forward to seeing some of the interiors when they are relesased.

(Sorry, can't seem to attach file but the imange is in my gallery)

Post edited by Matt_Brown on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Is it possible to change the Boat Name to "Pacific Princess"?

Here are some costume ideas for anyone thinking of making crew clothing
    ;)

Love Boat Crew

Chumly said:

Is it possible to change the Boat Name to "Pacific Princess"?

Please send me a PM to get your coordinates

@ Matt_Brown your test picture is nice!

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 173
    edited March 2023

3djoji said:

@ Matt_Brown your test picture is nice!

Thank you.

I have run a few more scenes with some passengers on board https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6666647997775872#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1278130

It is great to see that even with a few G8 characters it doesn't overload my 12GB RTX3060.

Post edited by Matt_Brown on