ERC Freeze problems and questions

Are the amount of parameters, that can be controlled through the erc freeze command limited? How to add a new "slave-parameter" to a list of allready existing "slave-parameters"?  It seems I'm loosing controll over some existing "slave-parameters", when adding new ones. How many erc freeze commands can be hirachaly stacked. (I have a Morph-slider, that controlles an erc-freeze controller, that again controlls another erc-freeze controller.) I would like to know, if these issues are actual errors, or limitations in the software or if I'm just doing something wrong here.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

This sounds like one for Richard...

But, I haven't noticed a number limit, but order of the stacking does seem to matter.

• meipemeipe Posts: 101

I can tell DS is able to handle ERC with complex links perfecly, I checked when I built up my 'perfect V4 fix'... There were more than 900 gears in that clock. Do you have issues before saving the morph asset?

• meipe said:

I can tell DS is able to handle ERC with complex links perfecly, I checked when I built up my 'perfect V4 fix'... There were more than 900 gears in that clock. Do you have issues before saving the morph asset?

No, none that I'm aware of. As said, I can't realy tell, if I made a mistake it's just, that I have staked a lot of morph parameters, but after trying to add one, it doesn't work.

so how whould you ad another morph to your erc controlled list?

• meipemeipe Posts: 101

If ERC freeze is the problem, you can create the link manually. Expand your controller morph in the Property Hierarchy tab, then expand Sub-Components: there should be all your slaves in the 1st stage list. Drag and drop any other slave morph onto this 1st stage list. Then expand your new slave in the list, under Attributes, set up the scalar value, and set up where the link is to be saved (in the controller or controlled morph file).

• O.K. thank you. I've got that part. Mext problem: I cannot save this to my file: File/Save as/Support Asset/MorphAsset(s). The Change has not been saved. When I check my morph.duf with an editor, my morph file is not listed.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,858
    edited September 2015

Oh great, I've tried "save modified Assets" instead it did save my particular morph, but kicked out another one. :(

now, it works. hopefully. Don't know, why it didn't work, don't know, why it does work now. SHHHHHH don't touch it

Post edited by Masterstroke on