Saving GenX2 morphs

gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95

After converting some of my own custom V4 morphs to Genesis using GenX2, I'd like to save them in such a way to make them distributable (that is, able to be used without owning GenX2 or Genesis's V4 shapes). I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this though, and I don't know if it's even possible. The morphs all work fine, but it seems like GenX has to be installed for them to work.

For the conversion process, I'm using "V4 Clone" as the shape, since I don't own the V4 or M4 shapes for Genesis.

Is there a way to do this?

Post edited by gmm2 on

Comments

• You have to export the morph at Base Resolution as an OBJ, then load it back into the figure using Morph Loader Pro.

You then save it as a Morph Asset (File > Save As > Support Asset > Morph Asset), by checking the morph in the dialog box, which will be in the path you specified in Morph Loader (you can change this path in the Parameter Settings of the slider).

The DSF file which you can distribute will be located (for Genesis) in "..\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\[Vendor Name]\[Product Name]".

I hope this helps.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95

Huh. I tried something like that earlier and it didn't work, but after following your instructions it worked just fine! Thank you!