Important notice to Cafe uses and C3DE participants

Hello, 

Long time no see. After some long time of silence I am attempting to again be a bit more active person. I have reworked Carrara Cafe and came up with an idea for a new project. 
I kind off miss a propper Carrara webpage, so I would be grateful if you could come over to Carrara Cafe and check out the new idea as well as there is an important question to C3DE participants who submited artwok to C3DE magazines as well as some hints about C3DE. 

I hope you will like the new Cafe. Still lots of work to do, especially to rework the ammount of content that already is there. But I believe it would be better to focus more on the new opportunities there and with a new pace create something new and exciting. Shall we show how wonderful Carrara community is? 

http://carraracafe.com/news/lets-make-carrara-shine/

Thank you for your time! 

Comments

• I do hope that you keep all the tutorials that Holly worked so hard to gather!
  • A thought I had was that perhaps those winning entries from the Carrara Monthly Challenges could be included in the e-zine, provided the winners agree?
  • Here's a link to the thread that has links to all the WIP and Entry threads. There is a lot of talent and knowledge showcased in those challenges.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45254/learning-tips-and-tricks-from-prior-carrara-challenge-wip-threads#latest

• Hi evilproducer!

This is going to be directly on Carrara Cafe. You have a wonderful idea about monthly challenge winners, would be great if they would be interested in this.

Thing is that for long time there were many limitations on Carrara Cafe and it couldn;t represent Carrara Community and Carrara in the best form as I would have wanted it.  And now there are more options and features that allow us to build an awesome place for Carrara artists. No worries, all the data and material gathered by everyone stays in Carrara Cafe, nothing will be removed. At the moment I try to focus on propper presentation of Carrara Cafe in general. New things are going to take  advantage of the new layout features in the first place while slowly legacy material will also be adapted to the new layout where possible.  I hope the experience on Carrara Cafe will get improved. 

I also am missing the gorgeous Carrara webpage showing and telling what Carrara software is and would like to build a page made by Carrara users. Wouldn;t it be great to see the portrait of Carrara directly how Carrara users see it? 

So while we have these opportunities, it woudl be great to see what is important for us, Carrara artists. 

• Interesting, i will go take a look.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

cool, would be great if we had inside a lab where to test and share shaders improvements, lighting rigs and such, a sort of database in progress

• We have a Downloads page where we can place such things, actally there are already some freebies available 

http://carraracafe.com/downloads/

And if there is a request I can place new stuff to our server too. 

I still need to figure out about uploads to Cafe from the user base perspective. But many things are possible and if there is a wish, we can make lots of things happen! :) 

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574

Would it be enough if I write here :

I herby grant CarraraCafe and C3DE magazine an exclusive and non-transferable permition to use any of the images I have created for the Carrara Challenges at the Daz3d forum, to display on the CarraraCafe website and in the magazine.

or do you need something else....

• @magaremoto, we also have a freebies forum where people can upload various files. 

http://carraracafe.com/forum-3/?cid=25

And we can always create dedicated pages :) 

@Varsel, Thank you so much! It would also be great if you could send an e-mail C3DE magazine e-mail in ase this forum would get a database reset etc., so we wouldn't loose your permission details. 

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

sounds perfect Danas, I would like to upload this wip light set to let anyone interested improve it; it allows a good response in terms of dynamic range pixel intensity value, close to unbiased renderers; I have only to find time to write down some instructions

doc3.jpg
    2000 x 1356 - 496K
    Doc2.jpg
    2000 x 1356 - 426K
  • Looking forward to it! Sounds like a very useful and interesting light set up! :)