Getting that weird vibe again

That it's getting really close to a DAZ Studio update of some sort. 

I wonder if I'm on or really really off................ cheeky

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2015
    I hope if there's an update they'll do something about font sizes in the interface. Even using all the usual tricks, I can't get 4.8 menus, etc. big enough it doesn't give me eyestrain. Been so long since I could last use Studio comfortably, I'm afraid I'll have forgotten what I used to know when (or if) a version I can use finally does come out. sad
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

Yea, allot of app makers will make a large and small UI options.  I see mine OK so no complaints here but I certainly understand eye strain. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Crossing body parts for g3M :) 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

You realise there is an option within windows, shown below, and other OSs to change font sizes, or display options?

It might help.

font sizes.jpg
    1205 x 778 - 134K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    RAMWolff said:

Here's hoping; always ready for new stuff; dynamics, please let their be dynamics.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

Are you sure it's not that regular urge we get to give DAZ all our money?surprise

• You realise there is an option within windows, shown below, and other OSs to change font sizes, or display options?

DS like Carrara and many OS agnostic software ignore most OS settings when it comes to font sizes, that's what happens when people create software without using native UI API:s.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    nicstt said:
    RAMWolff said:

Here's hoping; always ready for new stuff; dynamics, please let their be dynamics.

I think if we get that, which I really really hope so too, we won't see that until 5 or at some point during the 5 version path.  I think we will have at least one or two more in the 4 version path at this point....

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited September 2015
    nicstt said:

You realise there is an option within windows, shown below, and other OSs to change font sizes, or display options?

It might help.

Yep, known about that since my first experience with a computer nearly 20 years ago. Like I said, it's one of the tricks I'm using, pretty much can't do anything without it. But for some reason, since the last version or so, Studio is ignoring it. I am also having issues with the Daz (and Rendo) forums ever since they changed things. Like teeny tiny text whenever I try to type a post. I have to use the Heading format option just to see what I'm typing but sometimes I forget to switch it back to normal before posting so it doesn't bork the page for you normal-eyes folk. (Sorry about that, Cho.) blush

So far I haven't found anything else that ignores system font settings, and when I was using Daz 4.5 it wasn't too bad when I reset my resolution and ran the Windows accessibility settings. But now I just can't seem to get it working right at all. Maybe I should give in and get a screen magnification system, trouble is the only one that doesn't slow my rig to a paralytic snail's pace costs about as much as a brand new computer.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

DId anyone else see that Daz Studio includes a copy of QTDesigner? You can start it from the Daz Studio install directory.It's called Designer.exe.This is the UI IDE used to make QT apps.I have no clue what to do with it,but someone with some programming experience might.It looks a bit like a Poser or Studio type program that gives you primitives to work with and does some of the grunt work.Maybe one of the coders that come to the forums could make a simple font changer tab for studio using it and the SDK?

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Designer.exe

edited September 2015

Here's a screenshot,,,,,this is version one of the font changer tab it may be a bit buggy and is probably going to be a bit difficult to navigate.  cheeky

UI_Tab_Mockup.jpg
    1915 x 1037 - 345K
    Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    icecrmn said:

DId anyone else see that Daz Studio includes a copy of QTDesigner? You can start it from the Daz Studio install directory.It's called Designer.exe.This is the UI IDE used to make QT apps.I have no clue what to do with it,but someone with some programming experience might.It looks a bit like a Poser or Studio type program that gives you primitives to work with and does some of the grunt work.Maybe one of the coders that come to the forums could make a simple font changer tab for studio using it and the SDK?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that can be done without rebuilding the entire existing UI...or at least access to the project files/uncompiled version of it.

mjc1016 said:
    icecrmn said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that can be done without rebuilding the entire existing UI...or at least access to the project files/uncompiled version of it.

You mean to change the font? So the font stuff maybe hardcoded and compiled in :( that sucks