Using Atlantida Portal

I bought this beautiful model:

https://www.daz3d.com/atlantida-portal

...in the sample renders, there are some beautiful effects in the middle of the portal. I figured they were part of the model, but they don't appear to be. Can anybody tell me how I can get those effects? Thanks!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It says on the product page that it has movable glows, and in the readme it does say it has glow textures  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/22336/start   ; check the file list

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,470

Have you looked in the material folder for the effects?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You should find    /data/Petipet/Atlantida portal/Portal/Morphs/Petipet/Base/Glows On{5C}Off.dsf   somewhere

• Chohole said:

You should find    /data/Petipet/Atlantida portal/Portal/Morphs/Petipet/Base/Glows On{5C}Off.dsf   somewhere

That won't show in the interfce, it's a morph asset that loads with the model. There should be a parameter slider on the figure with a similar name - Glow On-Off perhaps - which you use to show or hide the geometry for the effect.

• Some of the Atlantida Portal "glows" come out of the Generator - the curved tube at the back of the model. I think what lmoroney was asking about is the "Stargate" type of effect in the "mirror frame" part of the model (blue cloudy mass in the promo images). It is called "Glow1" on the Scene tab. Turning it "On" produces a saucer or lozenge shape with some swirls in the viewport. I did a render in 3Delight (my machine cannot do Iray), but it did not look as nice as the promo images. If one has some water with ripples in it, they might try to substitiute it for the "Glow1" or add the water to it. Either that, or find some electrical discharge in one of your models. Maybe something from one of the Mage models might work.

• Quite by accident, I found a decent looking "EnergyBall" in the props of the "Alien Invasion!" model. The "Glows" that come with the Atlantida Portal model look like this, but the "EnergyBall" is cooler! I am still trying to figure out how to make it blue to match the rest on the color scheme.