Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Do you use the Control plugin? if you do, did you reset and reinstall it? DS doesn't replace the control plugin, if present, with the base plugin when installing so that, when the plugins aren't updated, the useer doesn't have to reinstall it - but that does mean that when there is an SDK update, as now, the feature is disabled until the Control plugin is reinstalled.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

cridgit said:
    I've just upgraded and found dozens of products with duplicate ID errors (many of them not from the DAZ store). Luckily Richard's script can fix that but as a *paying* customer (who didn't complain about everyone else getting DS for free) I find it infuriating that I have to resort to a volunteer script to fix dozens of items that used to work fine. Its a tedious process and should be totally unnecessary.

The problem is that the issues are probably genuinely with the items, not the parser in DS4.5. I was playing with some shoe conversions on Friday, before upgrading to 4.5, and found that some saved, working conversions didn't work when reloaded. Opening up the .DSF showed that it contained duplicate declarations for the rig (a complete Gen 4 legs rig fitted in between the Genesis hip and pelvis declarations) , and when I removed that by hand it worked. After I switched to 4.5 it reported duplicate IDs for these files and removing the duplicates fixed both the fit issue and the duplicate ID issue (Richard's script wouldn't remove it automatically, it may be these are more examples of the exception he notes exists). OTOH redoing the conversion also fixed the issue, and it's quicker. The problem for DAZ is, like my example, duplicate IDs can genuinely cause problems, so the parser should be catching them, but it's also going to catch any anomalies in rigs that don't cause problems.

Even more annoying is the fact that I can't load any dynamic items whatsoever. Has anybody managed to load any dynamic items (Optitex stuff from the DAZ store)? The items aren't visible and the rig shows a line receding into infinity.

Yes, I just successfully draped the K4 Bandana and Bolero dresses as a test. There are issues, both switched K4 from posed to T position when loaded, but an undo fixed that (leaving the dress in place) and I could then fit and drape it normally. But it's clearly working in at least some cases.

Post edited by DWG on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I noticed the Dynamic Clothing Control wasn't with the latest DS4.5 downloads so I reset it myself in my Itemised History list and noticed it had been updated. :) Haven't gotten around to installing yet.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Yes, the Dynamic Clothing Control has been updated for DS4.5 and needs to be reset separately.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Just tested update for 4.5...

...it works ! ! ! :D

Dynamic_Test.jpg
    800 x 800 - 73K
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

yes this is the first time in a while that we had to reset it seperately.