Morphs++ and Creature Morphs for M4 do not seem to be working in Poser 10

I just purchased the Morphs++ and CreatureCreator Morphs for M4.  They appeared to install without issue.  I load up Michael and then look at the paramaters.  Under Morphs|Shapes I see parameters for both Creature and Morphs++.  However, neither one of them are actually expandable or have any modifiable parameters under them.

I have tried uninstalling Michael and the Morphs and then re-installing them.  No avail.

If anyone has some ideas of what could be the issue it would be very appreciated.

I am running Poser 10.05 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Comments

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781

Did you initialize M4 after installing the morphs? Also, where are you installing them? Windows 7 has the User Access Control thing going on and won't really let you put user files, such as Poser runtimes, in the Program folder. Well, you can persuade it to do so if you have admin privileges on your system but that doesn't mean things put there will work correctly. You should have a Poser 10 Content folder in your Documents library, which is where Poser 10 and Windows 7 both expect to find your runtime.

• Thanks for the response Byrdie!

I used the DAZ Install Manager (DIM) to install M4 and both of the Morphs.  So, everything should have been installed into the same directories.  My understaning is (though it absolutely could be wrong) that DIM automatically initializes after installing.  If that is not the case, then how do I go about initializing.  Is there a specific script that I need to run to do that?  I have full admin rights on my box, and Michael seems to work okay except for the new morphs.

I am not clear where the Poser 10 Content folder you are talking about is supposed to be or what I should be looking for in that folder.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you using the default install location in DIM?  Is M4 or any of his morphs installed in more than one place?

• Thanks Fixmypcmike.

I am using the default DIM installation locations.  I went through and uninstalled everything that I have ever installed from DAZ.  Then searched for files in all directories.  There did seem to be some duplication of files that were not removed during the uninstall.  I deleted all associated files except for the original download zip files and started over.  I even went as far as removing the DAZ library from within Poser and then re-added it after I reinstalled. I only installed M4 and then installed Morphs++ and Creature Creator.  M4 comes up just fine.  I click on M4's head and look at the parameters.  Under Morphs|Shapes I see Morphs++.  I can expand that and I see a number of sub-options like Upper Face, Ears, Nose, etc.  all of those are supposed to be expandable but they are not.  The same is true for the Creature Creator list.

Any further thoughts?

Screen.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 143K
  • I obviously did not understand how morph injections worked.  I have figured it out now.  Thanks for the help!