FireFox new tab problem.

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Oooo, eRRRRR, aHHHHHHH @#$^&*()

Can't say what I want to, can't say it the way i want to, so I'll just make it a question. Why when I click "new tab" in fire fox, do I get this odd DAZ site template? Every time I click new tab.

what.jpg
600 x 338 - 25K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Click the little grid pattern in the top-right corner to turn the quick links off.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Firefox is helpfully showing you the sites you visit most often so you don't need to have bookmarks to get to them. It's an annoying feature of Firefox (and Chrome) IMO but it can be disabled. It is a Firefox preference though.

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/24/how-to-turn-off-firefoxs-new-tab-page-completely/

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is the only site I get this with.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Then you must visit DAZ more than any other site.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Actually no; or it certainly doesn't seem so. Perhaps DAZ is the only commercial site I visit, but I am on the lotro forum and hulu much more then DAZ.

But taking the suggestions I killed the preset new tab, thanks.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Ha! I'd like to add a THANK YOU to this... That new feature annoyed me too and I was too blond to just click on that icon or find the information on how to get rid of this new 'new Page' via google... now I could finally turn it off.. Thanks a bunch!

• Art_JunkieArt_Junkie Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Yes It is definitely annoying. I found out how to turn that off very quickly, after it 1st showed up as a new feature in Firefox. I liked Firefox when it first came out, with its huge collection of plug-ins that allowed you to pick and choose just the features you wanted or needed. But lately it seems the developers are trying to remake it along the Microsoft lines of stuffing every conceivable thing they can think of into the main program, and it is starting to become more and more like Internet Explorer. :down:

Post edited by Art_Junkie on