Trouble with Knight Champion for M4 Install

I bought M4 and "Knight Champion for M4" and used the install manager to download and install all the assets. But none of the content shows up in the "smart content" area. Furthermore when I import M4 to the scene and then manualy add each knight piece from the content library, each asset imports with it's own IK semingly independant of the M4 model.

I'm pretty sure this asset was designed to be a single import with all the IK settings working together out of the box but since it doesn't show up in the "smart content" I think something is wrong with either the instal or this version of DAZ. Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,061

Smart content was only added with DS4, a good number of items available were created before that and don't have the metadata needed to show up in smart content.

As for "items importing with their own IK" I suppose you mean that they don't follow the figure pose? If so, it's probably that they were not fit to M4 automatically when you loaded them. To fix that select each item in the scene tab then select M4 in the "Fit to" list in the item's Parameters tab.

• That's not "IK not working", what you're seeing there is that Generation 4 (and earlier) figures and clothes don't use Autofit — it only works on Genesis, G2 and G3 figures. Some clothes of that vintage (and they are almost all fairly old by now) do load already fitted onto the figure (note that this is not Autofit) but many don't. You'll have to fit them yourself manually. It's simple enough, select each part of the clothes and either right-click and select "Fit To" from the drop-down menu, or use the "Fit To" button on the Parameters tab. You'll get a prompt to select which object you want to fit the clothes to.