Save Head and Face of a Character Morph?

I have a character morph I've done on a genesis 2 male. Question: Can I save (perhaps as a character preset) just a part of that character, such as the head and face? Then, I'd like to apply that to just a basic genesis 2 male. Is that possible? If I go to "Save As Character Preset," it looks like the entire character will be saved. Would save as a Scene Subset work? What if I made everything but the head and face of the character invisible? Would anything work?

Comments

• save as shape preset would save your edited morphs.  This of course if you morphed your character in DAZ.  If you morphed it outside DAZ then you'd need to do a few more steps such as using Morph Loader Pro and saving your G2M Modified Assets.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

As an alternative, could I set the body to normal? You see, I scaled the body to make the figure thin. Now, when I pose the figure, I'm happy with the head and face, but places in the arms, such as the forearms, seem indented and "sunken." Or, the kneecaps may seem too large and overpower the shins. Yet, when I go to the Parameters Dials, everything shows as 100% scaled. So, it would be great if I could have the head and face as they are now, but reset the rest of the body to "normal" somehow and really get 100% scaling in the arms, torso and legs. Any way to reset the rest of the body?

Zojitzu said:

save as shape preset would save your edited morphs.  This of course if you morphed your character in DAZ.  If you morphed it outside DAZ then you'd need to do a few more steps such as using Morph Loader Pro and saving your G2M Modified Assets.

Yes, I did morph my character is DAZ|Studio 4.8. I saved as a shape preset, and that did it. It transferred beautifully. Thank you so much. Now, the body poses OK. It doesn't deform oddly (due to the scaling I had done). Thanks again.

OK, I have another question related to this: If I render the character with the morphed head and face in D|S using the 3Delight rendered, it looks fine. Same thing if I render the character in Lux. But, if I render the character with iRay in D|S, either with or without iRay shaders applied, the face comes out looking all pasty white (or whitish). It doesn't look good at all. What could be the reason for this? I'm guessing it's because of all the morphing, but still that doesn't affect the rendering in 3Delight or in Lux, only in iRay. Can this be corrected for a render in iRay, and if so, how?