CMS not even installing.

All right. Not sure what's up with this.

System I've used for years. Upgraded it to Win10, and it was running fine. So, of course, I have to mess with it :)  DAZ was installed on its own drive (Drive H.)

In any case. Since it *has* been years, I do a lot of testing, installing and uninstalling of other things, stuff is scattered everywhere, and I do prefer a fresh install of a new OS, I backed everything up and did a completely fresh install - not a refresh of the OS, but an actual "Nuke the partition, install, make sure data's backed up, wipe out the Apps drive's partition and recreate, wipe out the Media partition and recreate." It's a clean installation. (I'd started getting security errors, "You don't own this file," since the username is slightly different, so it was time to freshen up.)

Brand new Win10 install (64-bit home.) Note Daz was perfectly happy with it before. Nice, fresh (and now spacious - wow did I build up a lot of junk!) partitions on the drives. Get the basics installed. Time for Daz! Which seems to instal. Fire up an old scene. Fix the paths for where my content's hiding. Everything comes up. Yay! Play more later...

Fire Daz up again. Er... where's the content? Oh, wait, content manager, wonder why that didn't start. Well, it didn't start because it didn't exist... eh?

Reinstall. It exists, but not in services. Grr... OK, uninstall. Let's point it over on my Apps drive (E:) so it'll install in E:\Program Files\DAZ (etc.) just in case sticking it in a preexisting directory (I didn't nuke my Daz (H:) drive) was causing problems.  Still... no content management service.

I've installed from a download and I've installed through the install manager. I am on an administrative account. The closest I've gotten is having it show up in Programs and Features, but it has never actually shown up as a service (and yes, I've rebooted after installation, thinking maybe it just wasn't showing up for that reason.) No error messages come up during the install.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

PostgreSQL CMS doesn't run all the time the way the old Valentina CMS did.  It ony runs when you start up DIM, DS, or C8.5.  If you check Task Manager there will be half a dozen processes named postgres,exe when it's running.

• That's the thing - it's not. With Daz running right now, the only "P" process is a print driver host. And the "Smart Content" tab is completely blank.

Processes wise, I go from Mobile Device Service (which I have to uninstall, actually, don't have an i-anything) to print driver host to runtime broker. If I open services, there's nothing about CMS, Content, or Daz. Weirdly, if I go into Programs and Features, the Install Manager is the only thing showing right now - despite having Daz open (to see if that postgres.exe process was running. This was installed through Install Manager.)

.... looks like I'm uninstalling again, see what needs a good kick...

If you launch DS with Run As Administrator, does it start?

• My account's already an admin, but I tried it anyway. No joy.

Right now, I've even gone in and specifically downloaded and installed the CMS... and it doesn't show up. I'm thoroughly confused at this point.

... correction, no service, but yes, several postgre SQL listings in Task manager. But nothing in the smart content pane (except one Unassigned scene I'd just made.)

Hit "Start CMS," got nothing... I've had it search the drives for files, as well, no go.

Checked the mapped directories, all are pointing over at my library on H.

Did you Re-Import metadata?

• Ricochet180Ricochet180 Posts: 38
    edited September 2015

I'm going to say "I think so." Can't hurt to do it again though since I'm not 100% sure I did.

Edit: Nope, with all the playing around I did, I can already see I hadn't done so... it's importing again. We'll see if it behaves itself. Fingers crossed!

And it seems to have it. (And I need to take a week and reorganize my 3rd party content...) Thanks much!

Post edited by Ricochet180 on