HELP! Hottest man ever, but I don't know how to carve

Hello guys, I made a male character based on a picture from Arbreeder. I have put too much effort yet just close but never reaches"99% the same"(which is also my goal). I don't know what the problem is. Why do every details and face profile resemble the original picture but it doesn't look at the picture as a whole?? Can anyone help me? Thanks!! 

I know there is a clear difference in the eyes. But even though I changed eye color into darker one, it still doesn't look the same, totally different one. I really don't get what is the problem. And I have adjust many times the eyes details, still no.

飞书20230306-153039.jpg
3264 x 3262 - 1M

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,387

I suggest its the shape of the lips needs a bit of fine tuning,  and the space between the top lip and bottom of nose just a tad more. Slightly shorten length of nose. Sometime using a side profile pic,  can help adjust the minor nuanced final touches. Did you superimpose the render over the actual photo for the head shape and proportions.

• RafaelRafael Posts: 125

My first idea is to make a better camera position so you can easier compare it to the original framing. use a really long focal length lens, let's say 200-300mm at least. Also, on this case use the overhead lamp to match the frontal illumination on the original.

There is an application called ghost win ghostwindows.com it is a freeware that allows you to have one transparent window over another. That way you can use an image viewer like IrfanView over your Daz Studio to compare exactly the proportions against each other.

On the specific observation of the model, I would say that the first thing that pops into my mind is the width of the chin.