render all camera pre-sets as an image series

is there any way in DAZ studio to keyframe between camera presets so you can render out an image series of all the views

OTHER than manually typing in ALL the parameters????

if you load a saved preset or ones a PA has provided it either OVERWRITES you camera or if you hold CTRL creates a NEW camera

DAZ studio lacks the ability to set camera view for the current camera to another one in the scene (unlike Carrara and other softwares)

I have asked this before only to be given unhelpful answers which amounts to manually copying every parameter

surely this could be scripted by someone (not me)

I would buy the script, Totte? RiverSoft? V3Digitimes, Anybody??? heart

if it can even have a number of frames per camera view even better for Animators wanting camera cuts yes

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

Not exactly what you're asking, but assuming you're rendering with Iray on a Windows machine you could use Render Queue program and setup a queue to render the frames you want with whichever camera from your scene you want (or all the cameras in the scene).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited March 2023

Leana said:

Not exactly what you're asking, but assuming you're rendering with Iray on a Windows machine you could use Render Queue program and setup a queue to render the frames you want with whichever camera from your scene you want (or all the cameras in the scene).

sorry but one of the suggestions I was also given before and like mashing a pea with a sledgehammer

I don't want to be reloading a whole scene for every frame

scenes I would have to save as well

especially if I have characters set up in a scene with simulated dforced clothes 

having to save a scene for each camera is no quicker than just manually rendering from each camera

some scenes have 50 cameras

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • From what little I know of DAZ Script language, it should be possible to do a script that finds the first keyframe, cycles through the scene tree items, finds each camera location sets a script camera to match the camera found, fires up the render and then moves to the next camera and repeats until the scene tree is completed, then goes on to the next keyframe and repeats until it has finished the last keyframe.

What I also know is that my knowledge of the scripting language is hopelessly insufficient for the task.

So, I can see it shouldn't be impossible for a good programmer, but it is for me. Sorry.

Regards,

Richard

edited March 2023

tfis said:

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts/camseq-for-ds-2-3

-I saw that but since it said D|S 2-3 was wondering if 4 supported  

guess I could try yes

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • It could probably be ciobbled together out of samples - you need a counter, a location for the presets, and a location for the renders. Get the list of presets, then load each in turn, render, and save as name+counter until done.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

is there any way in DAZ studio to keyframe between camera presets so you can render out an image series of all the views

OTHER than manually typing in ALL the parameters????

if you load a saved preset or ones a PA has provided it either OVERWRITES you camera or if you hold CTRL creates a NEW camera

DAZ studio lacks the ability to set camera view for the current camera to another one in the scene (unlike Carrara and other softwares)

What do you mean? Try a Properties preset if you want to update a camera's settings, though I am not clear how that would differ from the default behaviour other than keeping the label the same. You can certainly switch between cameras in a scene, using script or the UI, or are you wanting to animate switching?

I have asked this before only to be given unhelpful answers which amounts to manually copying every parameter

surely this could be scripted by someone (not me)

I would buy the script, Totte? RiverSoft? V3Digitimes, Anybody??? heart

if it can even have a number of frames per camera view even better for Animators wanting camera cuts yes

yes keyframe the switching on the timeline 

as I said loading a preset overwrites the whole camera regardless of where you are on the timeline unlike a pose prest

apparently cameras cannot load "poses" just the entire property 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

as I said loading a preset overwrites the whole camera regardless of where you are on the timeline unlike a pose prest

Did you try a Properties Preset? A Pose Prset will include only properties set as modifier/pose, which camera cotnrols geenrally are not (but it should still adjust the placement).

Richard Haseltine said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Did you try a Properties Preset? A Pose Prset will include only properties set as modifier/pose, which camera cotnrols geenrally are not (but it should still adjust the placement).

mmm I may need to look as a lot has been added to properties in the past year including animation

Worse case scenario I may be able to do this with Notepad 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Leana said:

sorry but one of the suggestions I was also given before and like mashing a pea with a sledgehammer

especially if I have characters set up in a scene with simulated dforced clothes 

having to save a scene for each camera is no quicker than just manually rendering from each camera

Render Queue can open the scene once and render all 50 cameras, each to a separate image file.

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Leana said:

Render Queue can open the scene once and render all 50 cameras, each to a separate image file.

oh I didn't know it could do that 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843
    edited March 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

barbult said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Leana said:

oh I didn't know it could do that 

Yes, it has three choices for what camera to render: 

1. The camera saved with the scene
    2. Your choice of spedific cameras (1 or more)
    3. All visible cameras (if you want to exclude one, toggle the eye to not visible in the Scene pane first)
    Render Queue All Visible Cameras.png
    1122 x 831 - 164K
    Post edited by barbult on