VR Viewer mode for Daz Studio

I just tried out the VR mode for Blender and damn, that was exciting.

Speaking for myself, if there was an add-on that could let me have at least a VR viewer, meaning no interaction required just the ability to move a VR camera in Daz Studio (could even be with keyboard controls to further simplify the plugin and enhance compatibility),

I would pay 100 dollars for that. 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

You and me both!!! I have been asking for VR support for DS for awhile now

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 439

To put it simply, I want to be able to take character animations that I make in Daz Studio and have the option to see them rendered in a realtime engine and see them in VR. Is something like this possible?

(Not to be confused with stereoscopic pre rendered footage)

I would imagine there's a market for it. Has Daz Studio ever attempted to take a census of its userbase and how many of them have some kind of VR setup?

I suspect that the kind of person who would invest into Daz Studio is much more likely than the general population to also own some kind of VR headset.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

Diaspora said:

I would imagine there's a market for it. Has Daz Studio ever attempted to take a census of its userbase and how many of them have some kind of VR setup?

I suspect that the kind of person who would invest into Daz Studio is much more likely than the general population to also own some kind of VR headset.

I agree with you and there are a handfew of us VR users (some PAs) that have been highlighting the positives of VR in general in various VR related threads. I suspect DAZ is just letting users use the bridges to unity, unreal and Blender for those that want any kind of VR capabilities which sucks since it is a pain to do it that way. I am in VR daily and I use DS daily. Would be great to use then together 

• You would have to export to Unreal Engine and if you're going down that route, you'd probably want to make your animations either in Unreal Engine or in something like Blender, i.e. just use Daz to get the character model.

I can't get animations I have in Daz Studio across into Unreal Engine?

• Yes you can, export as fbx.  I've done it before with Genesis 3 if I remember... It's just Daz is terrible for animation if you're doing them by hand in there.

Daz has gotten a lot better over time, imo.

Can anyone please recommend a good 'Intro to DAZ to Unreal' guide?

• Best advice I can give is to join the Daz To Unreal discord. 

• Threads merged.

Oh ok, Richard, I was confused where my post had disappeared to. 

"Daz To Unreal discord. "

Thank you for the lead!