Prevent collision of cloth with hands

Member_257874Member_257874 Posts: 76
edited March 2023 in New Users

Hello. Is there a convinient way to prevent dresses and skirts with hands? If a hand is too close to a skirt and the cloth has collision with the whole figure, the skirt will wrap around the hands. I believe I could exclude the bones of the forearm-hand-etc from collision but that's quite some fumbling. Is there a faster way?

Post edited by Member_257874 on

Comments

• is this for a Smoothing Modifier or dForce?

• Smoothing Modifier

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

You are going to have to simply move/pose the hands/fingers slightly until that diesn't happen

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

Haven't tested this myself, but would it work to create a geoshell for the figure, turn off the arm zones of the shell, and set that as the collision target for the smoothing modifier?

• CASINCCASINC Posts: 56

I would recommend using the mesh grabber tool found here on the marketplace. With that you can move the skin and/or cloth of the specific area in or out as you please.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,992
    edited March 2023

Just 'bend' the hand far enough away from the clothing so the cloth doesn't wrap around it. Afterwards, 'bend' the hand back where you want it.

For some scenes, putting a box or sphere around the hands/head/feet/whatever, can help. [obviously remember to hide such before rendering!]

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on