Newbie with Folder Issues

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I need help with folder structure in Daz Stidio (4.21) I have installed some items manually, using Daz Central, and Daz Install Manager, but when I go into Daz studio, I struggle to sind things, even when I search within Daz the item doesn thsow up any where.  I can do a search in windows explorer and can fine the iten that way, but pretty sure thats not how thing is supposed to work.

Also, when I try to add an item to a character, quite often it would come up with a list of items that Daz studio couldn't fine or the items listed could not be located.  Some time I try and drag and drop and item and it would only flash and nothing else happens.

Looking at the folders in Documents, Daz, Studio, My Library.... can someone tell me what folders or files should I see here.  for instance, under My Library is the Content folder, what folders should be in the content folder, what folders should be in the Runtime folder?  I think once I understand what goes where I will ne ok.  

Thanks

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,415
    edited March 2023

You should not have a Content folder there, the Content folder is an alias for "My Library" or whatever the base folder of you Content Library is.

Attached instructions for manual installation

ManualInstallation.jpg
    793 x 1120 - 199K
    Post edited by PerttiA on