Facegen Head Morph Slider Not Showing in Daz 4.21

I have exported the custom head morph from facegen artist to the correct folder for genesis 8.1 head morphs as shown in the picture. However when you open Daz Studio and select a genesis 8.1 character then shaping - head there is no slider for my custom head morph. This makes no sense since the folder is showing the head morph file present inside the correct directory. Daz central and Daz studio preferences - content is all set up to the correct directory. I have tried reinstalling daz multiple times and restarting my computer after installing it to no avail. What is the solution to get my morph sliders showing in Daz?

MorphSliderNotShowing.png
1233 x 875 - 433K

Comments

• What happens if you select All on the left of the pane?

• If I select "all" from the left pane my custom head morph is still not shown after scrolling all the way down on all sliders.

• Can you open the .dsf file in a text editor? What about if you search the log (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File) for the filename?

• I am able to open the file with notepad and its quite lengthy. If I use troubleshooting > view log file and specify the file name it appears multiple times. Found this in the log file after ctrl + f filtering for it:

13 13:14:30.778 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/FaceGen/Custom_Morph.dsf

2023-03-13 13:14:30.778 [INFO] :: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/FaceGen/Custom_Morph.dsf (40,28): Illegal escape sequence.

2023-03-13 13:14:30.778 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: D:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs/FaceGen/Custom_Morph.dsf

2023-03-13 13:14:30.778 [INFO] :: Operation failed

• That sounds like an issue with one of the strings - "escaping" is used for non-basic characters, even spaces go in as %20. It seems possible that a character in the morph name or label is using a non-standard character that the current version of the URI syntax can't handle via %code, and so it is failing. Can you recall what you called the morph when creating it?

• I recreated the head morph under a different name and get the same "illegal escape sequence" error. There are no spaces in the name of the morph and the directory should be correct although it seems Daz isnt allowing it for whatever reason.

• try opening the .dsf file in a text editor and search for % - the numbers after that will be the codes for the characters used, whata re they? Of course I may be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but the emssage does suggest this is related to the problem.

• After opening the morph in notepad I can see plenty of "%" symbols where they shouldn't be under asset_info ID section, modifier library parent section and the outputs sections. Why would facegen be creating "%" symbols in my file since the directory when exporting from facegen does not have "%" symbols at all in the file directory specified. Perhaps if I manually remove all "%" symbols in the morph file it would work but it would just create a lot of work for any future morphs which would have the same problem. 

• I removed all the "%20" symbols from my morph file but still get illegal escape sequence error. I checked head morphs from a genesis 8.1 figure I downloaded and surprisingly the path id under parameter details shows "%20" in the directory although I can see it in daz as a slider indicating it is working. My file morph previously had many instances of "%20" in it however it did not work. I guess I just dont get to have custom morphs or something.

• I reset all settings to default in facegen artist pro 3.10 and re-exported my custom head morph and it works now and shows the slider in Daz. The head morph file does contain many instances of "%20" in the directories but it seems that is expected for a Daz morph or perhaps not? 

• %20 is fine, that is just a space. It is more exotic values that might be an issue (things that translate into accented characters or symbols, for example).