How to turn part of an item invisible in the render?

Hello everyone,

recently I purchased https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-killer-assassin-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females and I'm want to make the 'mask' portion of the helmet disappear. Which settings do I need to select and where do I find them?

Thanks for your help :)

Sabrina

Comments

• Select the helmet. In the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane select the mask surface group. Set the Cutout Opacity and all the property strengths related to glossiness to 0%. Assuming that works, File>Save As>Materials Preset and then in the Options dialogue select only the mask - now you can apply that after whichever materials you want to use to hide the mask.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Try to use the "Surface Selection" tool to find out if the "mask" is a real mask prop, a geoshell or only a "makeup" on the character's face. I do not own this product.

surface selection tool.png
    428 x 401 - 40K
  • Thank you, rosseliani the mask is not a separate prop, not a geoshell make up either as far as I can tell. However, I got it to work though.

Richard, your advice was correct, all I needed was setting the cutout opacity to zero and I could see and render the face. Still need to try saving it as a preset, was too tired in the evening, but I'm positive it will be fine. Thank you very much for your help :)

Sabrina

• CASINCCASINC Posts: 56

Use geometry editor, select the area you want, right click and "create new surface from selected," drop the opacity to zero. If you still want the mask to have texture just copy and paste the surface settings. If it needs dforce then dforce will have to be re-applied to the outfit before copy and pasting surface settings.

• CASINC said:

Use geometry editor, select the area you want, right click and "create new surface from selected," drop the opacity to zero. If you still want the mask to have texture just copy and paste the surface settings. If it needs dforce then dforce will have to be re-applied to the outfit before copy and pasting surface settings.

Great suggestion, thank you. I'll try that out :)