dForce - Simulation of an "object" with two parts with different properties

Hello,

How would you proceed for an object with two components with different physical properties?

Something like :
a bag with plastic ties and straps
clothes made with different fabrics
suspenders made of fabrics, with their clip
metal armor with leather straps
garment with a brooch

My purpose was to create clothings dForce compatible but my idea comes against a problem of simulation properties when a part is rigid and the other part is made of fabrics.

Any hint, tips?

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

arthenics said:

Hello,

How would you proceed for an object with two components with different physical properties?

Something like :
    a bag with plastic ties and straps
    clothes made with different fabrics
    suspenders made of fabrics, with their clip
    metal armor with leather straps
    garment with a brooch

My purpose was to create clothings dForce compatible but my idea comes against a problem of simulation properties when a part is rigid and the other part is made of fabrics.

Any hint, tips?

You can create separated surfaces with the Geometry Editor tool and apply different settings for each surface in the "Simulation" section of the Surfaces Tab. You can also create a "New dForce Modifier Weight Node" for your obj then use the "Node Weight Map Brush" tool to "paint" the Influence Weight Map. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,934

dForce properties are specified per-surface, so you could have a surface which is dynamic and one which is non-dynamic, or 2 different set of dynamic properties on different surfaces.

Inside a given surface, you can also use a dForce weight map to have different strength on different parts of the surface. For example for a skirt which doesn't have a separate surface for the belt you'd typically use a weight map to make the "belt" part of the surface non-dynamic so it doesn't slip from the hips.

• arthenicsarthenics Posts: 134

I will look at that, thanks for the hint.