Rapunzel Daz - iclone film

Hello! Another fairytale by me. Watch it here on youtube

Comments

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,872

Oh that is very cute! : ) Nice : )

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866

She had a beautiful singing voice, very lilting! You chose a great character for the female lead. Her huge, innocent eyes were perfect. 

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

I enjoy your fairy tales but I would really suggest you maybe use another 3d program.  Iclone is really good for somethings, but the rendered final product is not one of them.  I know it's not practical (time wise) to render with Indigo.  I think Iclone is easier to animate with.  So many great tools!  But the main render engine is very weak. I own Iclone and I use it too but only as a Daz plugin at this point.  You should give Daz Studio a go.  I think your fairy tales could be really wonderful done in a better rendering environment.  Even 3delight is better than Iclone's engine!

• I beg to differ, I have seen some brilliant stuff done in iClone but must admit the way it is done differs to how most of us approach it, instead of going for more realistic 3D it has been more film noir or toonish in style

an example of the first

some examples of the latter, some of the second one was done in Carrara

I think your video is very cute and maybe using the iClone toon line art render would suit the nature of it more.

• I thought it was awesome but I do have to be honest, the mouth movements are terrible, I dont know if youre using some kind of plugin to do it automatically but I would recommend doing it manually by hand. It will look way better. There are also several clipping incidents where hands and hair clip through clothing. Its great though, dont take my critiques as a diss.

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

Wendy, I like your suggestion about the toon line art!   That first video you listed, are you sure that wasn't rendered with Indigo?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956
    edited September 2015
    jaebea said:

Wendy, I like your suggestion about the toon line art!   That first video you listed, are you sure that wasn't rendered with Indigo?

no I dont think it was but some of the iclone atmospheric effects were certainly used.

one of mine using toon line art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Srvt2GDdDM not a terribly good video but gives the general idea

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on