Copyright notice embossed on character's skin! How to remove?

andya_b341b7c5f5andya_b341b7c5f5 Posts: 694

I've noticed a part of a copyright notice has appeared on an area of a character's skin.  It is sort of embossed.  Hopefully it can be seen in the attached image; I have outlined in blue.

The skin texture is from a G2F character called Norma.  In the texture files (diffuse, bump, spec) the copyright notice is splurged all over.  A copyright notice is understandable, and at first glance it does not look like it is in a position that would actually appear on the skin.  And yet there it is.  The embossing suggests to me it's the image for the bump that's the problem. 

My question is how to remove this?  I could try to edit the image, but I think it would be hard to remove it convincingly.

EmbossedCopyright.PNG
233 x 207 - 113K
Post edited by andya_b341b7c5f5 on

Comments

• I have a feeling that one of your maps, maybe the bump or normal map is not the correct one for the UV you are using for that character. Normally they don't put that text on the actual skin.

Are you sure the Diffuse, Bump and Normal maps are all from the same preset?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602

That looks like its on a displacement map. Not sure why they would do it that big. Most of the time it is so small even zoomed in it don't show in normal renders.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

The copyright is in an area on the texture that would not load on areas where the skin are shown if the maps are loaded properly. I checked the zones on the shoulders/torso/etc and every map is plugged in the proper channels. Could you check the shoulder zone and see if any other maps besides the NormaLimbs, NormaLimbsB, NormaLimbsS are plugged in? She doesnt come with displacement/normal maps. 

• andya_b341b7c5f5andya_b341b7c5f5 Posts: 694
    edited September 2015

OK, thanks for the pointers.  All, and I mean all, the surface base bump maps were using the one for the head.  I changed them to torso or limbs as appropriate.  I'm amazed it didn't look a whole lot worse, but I think the default bump level of 1 is quite low.  I have no idea how that happened; I just applied the full Norma MAT (a couple of days ago) and left it.  I had never tried to select individual bump maps before, for any character, had no need to do so.  Another little foible of DS's I suppose.  Hopefully it won't be hiding on another surface when I changed the camera for another render.

Post edited by andya_b341b7c5f5 on
  • glad u got it sorted out. thanks for letting us know.

• veenveen Posts: 132
    Vew days ago i purchased Jazmine HD and in a vew UHD render a copyright notice showed up. I find it ugly and as a newbie i dont know how to remove it
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    veen said:
    Vew days ago i purchased Jazmine HD and in a vew UHD render a copyright notice showed up. I find it ugly and as a newbie i dont know how to remove it

That shouldn't happen - where is the copyright notice appearing?

edited May 2016
    veen said:
    on the left leg just above the ankle wil try to render again and post a screenshot

Post edited by veen on

here is first render, it whas not jazmina HD but another dark skinned model

watermerk.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210
    edited May 2016
    veen said:

here is first render, it whas not jazmina HD but another dark skinned model

That looks very similar to a problem Novica found in her thread in Art Studio - in her case it turned out that the specular or bump map for the arms was loading instead of the leg. You could try looking at the leg surface in the Surfaces tab and see if any of the images whose thumbnails appear are for the arms, the head, the torso or some other incorrect part?

ETA: If this proves to be the case you should probably raise a ticket to Technical Support about it - unless this is the  Amandla" character, as Novica's was, in which case I bellieve she has already raised one.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    MelanieL said:

ETA: If this proves to be the case you should probably raise a ticket to Technical Support about it - unless this is the  Amandla" character, as Novica's was, in which case I bellieve she has already raised one.

Since the current system doesn't allow others to add to open bug reports, it is fine to open a new one, even if it duplicates what someone else has filed.

Its Amaya character with copyright notice