Odd render issue

Hi.
I just did my INVIDIA driver update. Went to work on a piece. (the standard size I render all my work) and its the oddest thing...it has been going at the moment of writing this 1 hour and 38 minutes. Showing 2% rendered. It gets to about Iray(itineration): 6 then it starts over. Showing Iray(scene Acessing) and then all the stuff and starts back at....1

I have been siting right next to it and not understanding this. I did run the scene optimizer earlier. I did close it all down and restarted it. But I have never had an issue like this.

Is this because of the new drivers?

I rendered the dreamlight cyber city the other day, exact same dimensions as this. Same settings and it rendered the entire scene in  20minutes...

Im using Samurai's House. I have removed the lights in the room, using a ghost light against one wall and a point light.
One G8 figure. One item of Dforce clothing. That is it.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

Check the Daz Studio log file.

• barbult said:

Check the Daz Studio log file.

I did. Oddly it said there was not enough memory. It was literally the only program running. The puter is dedicated for Daz specifically. The only diff is the new drivers. I did save the log. I am double-checking the settings but it shouldnt be having any issues with a scene this small. I am looking at the "Performance health" of the puter and its all good.

Cyberpunk Dark City was what I rendered a day or two ago, no issue at all. Handled the fog plane with zero issues.
    From what I can see, that scene is way more intensive than the Samurai's House. Particularly with all the extras taken off of it.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

Any reason why you updated the drivers ? Can't you roll back ?

Personally when I have drivers that work, will not change them unless I am forced to for some reason. And even then I'm prepared to roll back should issues arise. You know, drivers aren't perfect and applications neither, including the OS, a system where everything works is never to be changed in production.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Padone said:

Personally when I have drivers that work, will not change them unless I am forced to for some reason. And even then I'm prepared to roll back should issues arise. You know, drivers aren't perfect and applications neither, including the OS, a system where everything works is never to be changed in production.

I'm the same, when one finds drivers that don't have problems or glitches in any programs one uses, update only when there is a reason (being newer is no reason) 

• Padone said:

Any reason why you updated the drivers ? Can't you roll back ?

I did a roll back.

I then checked the actual NVIDIA settings.
    I then went to check the system settings.
    I then went to DS settings and double checked all of those.

The error log looks so odd. But it was getting a "memory" warning (I have 16gbRAM)
    The -ONLY- program on there running(outside the normal ones for a windows puter) was DAZ.(I dont even listen to music on it. I only use the web for Daz store and rendo store for downloads)
    I double checked items IN the scene thinking it maybe something triggering the issue. Because the DreamLight set had zero problems. I removed items and tried to render. Kept getting the same issue.
    It would go up to roughly 12-13 itinerations, then lock up. The image would darken a tad then it would start the process it does when you first hit render. Then go right back to 1 as if the render just started.
    It was as if it was caught in a loop of restarting the render over and over.

The puter isnt eve a year old...so hopefully this is not a big issue or this will be one heck of a paperweight

• Right.
    So panicking thinking the computer is having issues. I built a new scene, with different items. All rather "heavy" if you will to render.
    Ultra HD dimensions, etc. It rendered fine.

I opened the Samauri's house. By itself....set the render settings the exact same as the other test render...and once more. Locked up and started the loop again.

its the actual scene that comes with the product it seems.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,476
    edited March 2023

So it's not the drivers. I mean that particular asset did never work. Then you can open a support ticket or ask for refund. I mean when DAZ gets a decent amount of refund requests for assets going out of memory, then may be they will ask the PAs to be more resource wise.

Or you can try the scene optimizer, that personally I believe it is mandatory to work with daz assets.

https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer

Post edited by Padone on
  • lina2look4lina2look4 Posts: 0

Can someone make a youtube video that shows step by step how to render Cyberpunk Dark City. it's been a long few months messing with cameras and  routating but when it comes to rendering it, black screen. So far I have only come across two suggestions and it didn't help. Someone, please make a vid on how to adjust the scenario so I can render and finally complete this vision I have.

Thank you