dforce only using 1 GPU on multi-GPU setup

My PC has more than one GPU but during dforce simulations, Daz only uses one of the GPUs.

Anyone know a workaround or script to resolve?

Comments

• I am not aware of any way to avoid this, the Advanced tab allows the selection of only one OpenCL device.

• skyeshotsskyeshots Posts: 148

I am not aware of any way to avoid this, the Advanced tab allows the selection of only one OpenCL device.

Thanks. Could a custom script enable additional Cuda hardware for the simulation? Or would Daz prevent hardware level access?
  • skyeshots said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I am not aware of any way to avoid this, the Advanced tab allows the selection of only one OpenCL device.

Thanks. Could a custom script enable additional Cuda hardware for the simulation? Or would Daz prevent hardware level access?

It's OpenCL, not Cuda (which is why the Intel CPU driver is an option for soem people, and AMD cards should work but haev problems with the version of OpenCL used here). I don't know if one device is an inherent limitation of the API, of the particular algorithms being used, or just a design decision - however, if it isn't an inherent limitation I suspect it would require deeper changes than script can make.