Movable wounds?

Hey people I'm extremely new to all this. I have some experience way back in the poser days but that's been a long time ago and I didn't do much other than playing with the default models. Trying to get much more involved this time. Anyways I've talked to one person already who does some of the work I like best and he told me about the LIE editor and that's how he does most of his work and I'm going to try to play around with that but I know in my heart I'm not good at drawing like that. I tried making my own textures back in The Sims 2 days and it just didn't work out that well. I might be able to do basic little stuff though. I have been looking at some wound packs on various websites and I'm a little lost though? As best I can tell all of them will only show up in a preset location? Like I can't take a stab wound and put it anywhere on the figure that I want to?

Comments

• That depends on how they work. Moveable effects are best done, if possible, with decals as they just project on to the surface below them. Other tools (LIE, Geometry Shells, Diffuse overlay) are aplying the image to the UV mapped surface, so there is a limit to how far they can move without distorting or disappearing off the edge. The maps in a Layered Image can be moved in the Editor, Diffuse Overlay images can be moved by adjusting the tiling offsets in the iamge Editor (not the layered Image editor) and effects applied as an extra layer through a Geometry Shell can have the base tiling offset adjusted (which is handy if the effect uses maps in more than one channel).

• Richard Haseltine said:

That depends on how they work. Moveable effects are best done, if possible, with decals as they just project on to the surface below them. Other tools (LIE, Geometry Shells, Diffuse overlay) are aplying the image to the UV mapped surface, so there is a limit to how far they can move without distorting or disappearing off the edge. The maps in a Layered Image can be moved in the Editor, Diffuse Overlay images can be moved by adjusting the tiling offsets in the iamge Editor (not the layered Image editor) and effects applied as an extra layer through a Geometry Shell can have the base tiling offset adjusted (which is handy if the effect uses maps in more than one channel).

thank you man gave me a lot to thank about :D