A couple DAZ questions

Hello All,

I'm new to DAZ and have mainly been using Poser 11.  There are a couple of features in Poser that I don't seem to find in DAZ. Namely, Poser allows one to create a favorites library to find models and props that one repeatedly uses quickly. The favorites menu also allows one to organize the library with folders that make sense to the user.  Does DAZ have a similar favorites feature?  If so, how does one set it up?

Next Poser also allows one to change the color of some items, like the Victoria 4's skin. Can one change the color of models and props in Daz? How so?

Thanks in advance,

S

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Sure, in the surface tab.

• wassean_1fcf286464 said:

Hello All,

I'm new to DAZ and have mainly been using Poser 11.  There are a couple of features in Poser that I don't seem to find in DAZ. Namely, Poser allows one to create a favorites library to find models and props that one repeatedly uses quickly. The favorites menu also allows one to organize the library with folders that make sense to the user.  Does DAZ have a similar favorites feature?  If so, how does one set it up?

You can right-click on a  file or container and seelct the Create Custom Action command, which lets you add it to the Scripts or Favourites menu (or a sub-folder). Window>Workspace>Customise can be used, in the menus tab on the right, for later rearrangements or removals.

Next Poser also allows one to change the color of some items, like the Victoria 4's skin. Can one change the color of models and props in Daz? How so?

The Editor tab of the Surfaces pane - there is a list of items and their surfaces down the elft, which lets you select targets, and settings for the current shader are then on the right. This doesn't let you create new materials from basic units the way you can in the material room, the  equivalent for that is the Shader Mixer pane.

Thanks in advance,

S

• wassean_1fcf286464wassean_1fcf286464 Posts: 21
    edited March 2023

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses to my questions. Very helpful. I've begun poking around in the surfaces panel and even was able to save items in the favorites folder.  The problem now is that I can't find the favorites folders. The dialog box says the saved favorites are in the favorites folder in the main menu bar.  Where is the main menu bar?

S

Richard Haseltine said:

wassean_1fcf286464 said:

Hello All,

You can right-click on a  file or container and seelct the Create Custom Action command, which lets you add it to the Scripts or Favourites menu (or a sub-folder). Window>Workspace>Customise can be used, in the menus tab on the right, for later rearrangements or removals.

The Editor tab of the Surfaces pane - there is a list of items and their surfaces down the elft, which lets you select targets, and settings for the current shader are then on the right. This doesn't let you create new materials from basic units the way you can in the material room, the  equivalent for that is the Shader Mixer pane.

Thanks in advance,

S

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • The Main Menu is the one across the top (of the application window in Windows or the desktop on a Mac), File, Edit, and so on.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

wassean_1fcf286464 said:

Namely, Poser allows one to create a favorites library to find models and props that one repeatedly uses quickly. The favorites menu also allows one to organize the library with folders that make sense to the user.

In addition to the suggestions above I'd also like to suggest looking into the "smart contents pane", and in specific the option to "categorize" an item. See: all those categories are fully virtual and it's very easy to create your own categories as well. 

For example... I prefer to make my own poses, and because most figures are based on a specific generation of Genesis I set up a "Figures => Genesis" category which only contains the Genesis base figures; so from G1 to G9. This makes it very easy for me to pick a specific Genesis base figure and start working on a pose. This is much easier than having to use: "Figures => People => (Fe/M)ale => Stylized".

It should be easy enough to set up something of your own. Just right click on an entry and use "Categorize".