Re-install of Daz Studio failed; installer stopped working - Solved

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Hi,

Tried to re-install Daz Studio on my Windows 10 computer, as I've done several times on this computer over the years, with the same computer/windows config I've always had, and found the installer itself isn't working. I've done re-installs before, never a problem. Now, the Installer itself is non-functional:

The Installer opens normally, takes me to the first EULA screen. I tic the two fields, the NEXT button appears, I click on it, and immediately get a Do You Want to Abort popup.

I've tried this with several earlier versions of Daz Studio that I have archived, and the result is identical, immediate Do you want to Abort popup.

Since I haven't made any changes to my Windows config or firewall etc settings, I don't how to track and fix this problem, but assume it's a corrupted file somewhere.

The reason I decided to re-install is that my Studio application started manifesting odd glitches, like the Parameters Tab not opening subfolders. Whenever the gremlins have gotten in before, a simple quick reinstall has solved the issues. But this time, I can't get Studio re-installed at all. Since I used a cleaner utility to remove the old, malfunctioing version of Studio before starting the re-install, I now have no Daz installtion at all.

Big problem, right in the middle of a big time-sensitive project.

What could be causing the actual Daz Installer to immediately send a DO you want to Abort msg from the EULA screen , regardless of the version of Studio I try to install?

Post edited by nowefg on

Comments

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Probably I should add that I'm talking about a Manual install from Manually downloaded Installers. I don't use Daz Connect, or Dim, or whatever. I just download manually from my Product Library.

The installers,  that are all failing in exactly the same way, have all been used to re-install Daz Studio before. So it seems unlikely that they are at fault. And since I've never had to jump through any hoops to get an install to happen, and am NOT a windows wizard, I'm baffled...

Any help would be a BIG help.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387

How are you trying to install it? DIM, Daz Central, or manual?

Thanks for responding, frank0314, I was adding that info when you posted. Manual install. Some Windows setting the gremlims got to without my noticing?

A little more information... I tried a Windows System Restore, and have Studio back, but on opening Studio, I get an odd message, and the UI is drastically changed in appearance. Screenshots will show the relevant details. Must be some issue with the Studio 4 files, which I haven't tampered with in any way, so whatever this is, I'm still stuck.

The installed Scripts I did Custom Actions on all show up in Scripts, my Custom toolbar changes are current and show up correctly, and changing the Workspace layout changes the UI content., but color differences for all the areas of the UI are all white. No Tabs graphic, for example. But the Tabs work fine when I click on Parameters, Shaping, etc.

A very specific kind of error; where does it live in Studio 4? My most recent Studio 4 folder save is several months old, and a lot water under the bridge since. I hesitate to try swapping it.

For the heck of it, I re-tried a re-install from the Restore Point restoration, but still get the Do you want to Abort msg.

On my old graphics computer, I routinely had problems, and was in the habit of backing up folders like Studio 4, but since getting my new machine, I haven't found any need to be scrupulous about that kind of housekeeping. Everything worked so much better than I was used to.

Don't seem to be having problems with any of my other installed programs, so I don't guess the computer's just gone mad...

Daz Install Odd msg.jpg
    799 x 593 - 61K
    Post Restore Studio Appearance.jpg
    646 x 917 - 56K

I found the problem... an aging system SSD that was causing an ever increasing number of glitches, and an aging BRAIN...

When I decided to reinstall, I was so frustrated by the ongoing performance degradation, I kept filling in BOTH fields in the EULA, first Agree, then Don't Agree... in that order. Voila ! Abort popup.

The SSD finally died...